cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Your Social Media Presence Busy, Consistent

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Keep Your Social Media Presence Busy, Consistent

If you're using social media, you probably already know that it's filled with people who love to talk and interact with each other. For example, Twitter claims that its users post 140 million tweets per day. According to Facebook's latest statistics, the site's users share more than 30 billion web links, photos, status messages, videos, and other content every month.......Read More

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Contributing Solution Provider

Re: Keep Your Social Media Presence Busy, Consistent

Thanks for the great article, Jarrad.

In being consistent on social media, there are the two big mistakes people make that can reflect against them:

1. Not being "social".
Creating a social media account and then letting it sit is the biggest waste of effort.   We all have limited time, so planning your posts and posting regularly will keep your content fresh and visible.

Be cautious about using your accounts only to announce "ME, ME, ME". This can create an anti-social atmosphere where the impression is that all you want to do is "sell, sell, sell" and not service.

2. Posting nonsense that doesn't help their business

As you say in your article, Jarrad, "post compelling content". It used to be a joke (and still sometimes is) that people post or tweet that their minute activities, i.e.: eating a PB&J for lunch. Being involved with providing solutions, answering other people questions and adding content related posts will add to the popularity of a persons profile or page.

I utilize Nutshell to keep me aware of what is being posted by my friends, fans and followers; so I can see quickly where I can respond with something helpful.  Nutshell helps me to stay on top of what my client's are saying and need to respond to as well. Hootsuite is also a good program for planning ahead. Both are good for time management.

Thanks again for the shared wisdom.

Wishing you awesome and continued success,

Sumner M. Davenport

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Honored Contributor

Re: Keep Your Social Media Presence Busy, Consistent

Hi Sumner,

Thanks for the great feedback! I wish I could take credit for the article, but it was written by our great editorial team here at Constant Contact. If you are interested in signing up for the newsletter, please click this link .

Thanks

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!