cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Metrics to Find Out What Works For You on Twitter

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Key Metrics to Find Out What Works For You on Twitter

Do you know if you’re getting the most out of your marketing on Twitter? Beth Gladstone, Marketing Manager from Codegent, shared 5 metrics that you can use to track how effective you are on Twitter. I pulled a couple of my favorite and shared them below. Please note that not all of these tools are free.

Shares

You can use a tool like Buffer to schedule your tweets and they will track and analyze your metrics on shares. If you upgrade to their premium business service, they can show you the types of tweet you sent (link or image), how many retweets, favorites, mentions, clicks and your potential reach. I especially enjoyed Beth’s knowledge on testing your tweets for engagement. One of her suggestions is to take 1 tweet, change up the headline and send it out at the same exact time but 2 weeks later than the original tweet. See which one performs better.

Impressions

Using a tool like Followerwonk you can see when your followers are actually active on Twitter. This will help you with finding out key times to send out tweets. The whole point of sending out your tweets is to engage with your follower base. They follow you so they can hear what you have to say. If you’re sending out your knowledge when they aren’t on Twitter, chances are that they won’t see it.

What do you use to help you track your metrics on Twitter? What tools work best for you? What works best for you on Twitter? Share with us!

Check out the full article “5 Key Metrics to Find Out What’s Working for You on Twitter”.