cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for other larger nonprofit CC users

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Looking for other larger nonprofit CC users

The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is considering a switch to CC for our email communications.  I'd like to hear from other similar sized non profits (we have over 400 employees).  What kinds of messages do you send each month and how satisfied are you with this service?  The Coalition provides medical and mental health care, housing, outreach, childcare, employment assistance and a range of other services to over 16,000 men, women and children in Colorado.  We use email communications to connect with donors, advocates, policy makers and volunteers. 

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for other larger nonprofit CC users

HI Paolo!

Thanks for introducing yourself here in the Community! I hope that you choose to continue using us for your Email Marketing use!  Small Business Talk is a great place to ask questions and get feedback as well as Email Marketing!

Hope to see you around the boards! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Marissa

Visitor

Hi!

I am the graphic designer for a non-profit out of Maryland. We use CC for our email marketing and I find it to be very helpful... i send out messages to 3500 clients and its very beneficial to see what links people click on, the open rate, posting the messages right on our facebook page and twitter page...Everything is simple, neat, organized and I really like working with Constant Contact! I wish you the best, definitely give it a shot and the first piece of advice send out an email saying you are going to "Change the email policy" and ask your clients if they are still interested in receiving emails from you... this is a great way to narrow down your list (helps to cut cost also), it helps to make sure you are only talking to those people who want to hear from you and it will allow for growth because if you are talking to the clients who trust you and matter (and who will actually read what you create), then they have an option on the Constant Contact email to actually FORWARD your message to new people, those new readers can then subscribe, etc.! "Start Fresh" when you sign up by cleaning out your list! Good luck and best wishes!!

Kate

Also - check out the CC Local Seminars - these seminars are FREE and they definitely are worth your time! There is a tab on the home page, click it, click on the map where you live, and they will give you locations/dates/times of the next seminar.

Kate Howell
Chesapeake Region Safety Council
17 Governor's Court
Baltimore, MD 21244
Occasional Participant

Kate, thanks for your reply.  This is really helpful.  We really would like to build a stronger relationship with our current subscribers as well as expand our list.  I have attended two local seminars, and I agree, they are helpful.  Do you mind sharing the name of your company?

Visitor

Of course!

I work for the Chesapeake Region Safety Council - it is a non-profit regional chapter of the National Safety Council - We service MD, DC, DE, and parts of PA, WV, VA! We teach On and Off the job safety training, anything from NSC First Aid, CPR and AED Training, to OSHA Compliance Training to Forklift operator training... Any safety training that a company, small business, or family needs we can provide!  www.chesapeakesc.org

Not trying to do a sales pitch but a lot of people associate our name, Chesapeake Region Safety Council with Chesapeake Bay Safety, etc. So I like to give a little explanation!

Have a beautiful day,

Kate

Kate Howell
Chesapeake Region Safety Council
17 Governor's Court
Baltimore, MD 21244
CTCT Employee

Constant Contact just started a thread on the Community just for nonprofits! Come ask your questions and get the discussion going so we can all learn from each other. The nonprofit thread is here - http://bit.ly/NPCommunity. I will regularly check in to see where I can share some tips and ideas. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Caroline Shahar
Occasional Participant

Caroline,

Thanks for letting me know about this new thread.  I'll post something soon.

Paola