cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 3 Favorite Ways to Grow an Email List

Participating Solution Provider

My 3 Favorite Ways to Grow an Email List

jake.jpgI'm very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with clients from a range of business verticals. The best part is with every new client, campaign and test, I’m able to take that new knowledge and use it for my other clients.

Here are a three of my favorite ways to grow email lists for clients.

1. Facebook Ads – It’s super-targeted by interest, location, and lots more demographic information. If you have a great message, a special deal or some type of free download, Facebook ads will be sure to increase your email list.

Here is a how-to for how to setup a Facebook Ads campaign. Click here

2. Popup Forms – I mentioned a few types of forms that popup on your website the first time a visitor hits the site in my last blog post. These popup forms work wonders in adding new list members. I’ve seen list signups increase 5-times or more when they are in use.

Check out my last post for the best options that sync with Constant Contact and lend themselves to an autoresponse campaign.

3. Text to Join – This may be the coolest feature that almost nobody knows even exists in Constant Contact. Plus, it could not be easier to use. Log into your account, go to “Sign up Tools” and then, on the right hand side, click “Text to Sign-Up”. This feature allows a user (and even the list owner) to text a word such as “JOINNOW” to 22828. The user is then prompted with a couple customizable messages and voila! The person is now part of your specified list.

I recommend using this feature at trade shows and events. Tie your list sign-up to an autoresponder that offers a discount, special or thank you for signing up. Take the process full circle and reward your email list signups.

The name of the game in e-mail marketing is to continually grow your list. Over time you'll encounter list attrition and you need to have a plan to keep moving forward. Use the three above tips and you'll quickly get a new list rolling. 

Do you need help with anything mentioned above? No worries, ping me at jake@southdirekt.net.

Jake Burns
An award-winning, Master Certified partner and is the founder of SouthDirekt, a Tampa-based internet marketing firm.