cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Event: Leslie Sturgeon, Founder, Women Inspiring Women - Customer Podcast

Occasional Contributor

Open House Event: Leslie Sturgeon, Founder, Women Inspiring Women - Customer Podcast

Social Media Results Beyond Your Expectations

(view in My Videos)

(about 10 min.)

Learn about the surprising results Leslie has had by using Facebook as a virtual networking tool to promote her organization and get specific, practical tips. Listen to the brief podcast and post your questions and comments for Leslie or on social media in general right on this board.   

Leslie will be here to answer your questions throughout the week - April 18-24.

Post your questions below!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Contributor

Re: Open House Event: Leslie Sturgeon, Founder, Women Inspiring Women - Customer Podcast

Leslie -

As you know we are happy/lucky to have you. 

Have seen any reason to spend time on places like Quora for a small business owner or member org?  We've "played" there a bit, but we aren't that small anymore, and I'm trying to find value.  Do you have any thoughts on this or is it just a place to ask questions?  Have you even heard of it (I may be too much of a social geek!)?

Ros

Rosalind Morville
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: Open House Event: Leslie Sturgeon, Founder, Women Inspiring Women - Customer Podcast

I'm embarrassed to say I have not heard of it. Can you enlighten me as I'm always looking for tools to help my organization as well as myself professionally.

Leslie Sturgeon, Founder / President
NH's largest organization for women's empowerment, personal development, networking and fun!
Visit our website at: www.wiwnh.com
Trusted Contributor

Oh no Leslie, you confirmed two things - one: that Quora is less known than other social media tools/small businesses are not using it as much; and two: I'm a bit of a geek ;-).

Quora is seemingly based on the same idea as Wikipedia: people generated content.  It's a collection of questions and answers posed and answered by its registered users.  Seems like some people might find value in developing a reputation there for answering questions, but personally, I'd think a community built for a specific purpose (say small businesses) might provide more value to someone putting that effort in - I could be biased! 

i was really just curious if people had heard of it and as it appears not, our team my be better rewarded focusing our energy elsewhere for the time being.

Thanks!

Rosalind Morville