Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productivity Tools to Keep You on Track

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Productivity Tools to Keep You on Track

Mashable Business.png

Mashable shared this article yesterday with 5 productivity tools that can help you stay focused.  They say it’s for those that work remotely, but I think that these can be used even if you work on site.  They aren’t all free, but check them out!  Your productivity might thank you!

1. Rescue Time: [free and paid version($6/month)]web-based, sits in your MAC or PC’s status bar, measuring the windows and programs you actively use during a given period of time.  You can set the app to Focus Mode for a given timeframe and it will block you from viewing any distracting sites or messages your friends might send you.
  2. Coffee Break: Mac and iOS app ($0.99), sits in your status bar, reminds you to take a break at intervals you set up.
  3. Work+:  (free) powered by Foursquare, this app allows you to find places to work outside of your home
  4. Pomodoro Technique: (free) Andriod and iOS app, allows you to break up your day into manageable slots for projects
  5. iDone This: (3/month/person), sends an email to each employee so they can state what they’ve done at the end of the day, this allows coworkers to high-five each other

These are some really cool apps. Do you have any extensions or apps that help you stay on track during the day?  Share them with us here!

Check out the full post to see pictures "5 Excellent Tools for Remote Workers"

1 REPLY 1
Regular Advisor

Re: Productivity Tools to Keep You on Track

"Do you have any extensions or apps that help you stay on track during the day?  "

Kitchen Timer - I used to use one on my desk. Give yourself an alotted amount of time to complete the task. Just seeing that thing running will help keep you on target. Now there's a free timer on the iPhone under the "Clock" app. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com