cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Memorial Day our Support office will be closed Monday, May 28th. We will re-open with normal hours on Tuesday, May 29th.

Pros and Cons of Social Media Marketing?

Occasional Organizer

Pros and Cons of Social Media Marketing?

I need opinions and real results from Social Media marketing. I work for a Real Estate Company that handles apartment communities. Give me some pros and cons of how social media can directly help our marketing strategies and boost or traffic...Please!

:smileyhappy:

6 REPLIES
Occasional Participant

Re: Pros and Cons of Social Media Marketing?

I have a website which I started in August 2010 with about 80 pages that I moved from my old blog. Once I started my Facebook account (I later added on Twitter) my stats went out the roof. My first month of my site I had about 3000 page views. A year later I am now getting up to 23,000 pageviews per month. Overall, for the last year 41% of my traffice oritinated from Google (US), 17% from Facebook, 16% from direct or bookmarked, and 6% from Google Cananda.

The better and more useful your content, the more traffic you will develop. You must add an icon for your Twitter and Facebook account to your every page of your site.

I could go on and on. I hope this helps.

Tags (1)
Occasional Participant

P.S. The cons: time. It takes a lot of time. Make sure you start a fan page, rather than invite friends to a regular Facebook account. Otherwise you'll be bogged down with event invitations, game invitations, etc.

Tags (1)
Occasional Participant

I know the social media have can boost the traffic a lot. But it seems you  social page has great content so that It can have such result. 

I am starting doing in Real Estate Photo Editing field. But I am newbie so our fan page doesnt drive more traffic. 

Real Estate Photo Editing Services
Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

You are all bringing up some great points! I know the original post was created a while ago, but we have a lot of helpful information on building your business via social media, here if anyone wants some additional tips and tricks! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

I am bit old school, I have no issues with the web and internet but I find it hard to get into Social media from a business point of view.  I've spent time with Twitter and FB whilst it is fun etc I don't get any results in the form of leads or new email sign ups.  So time spent is not a good return for me.

I don't like the thought of spending a lot on PPC but stuck with that approach for now.

Reporting Accounts - Free Company information and intelligence
CTCT Employee

@First-NameL37958,

We appreciate you response! Social media can be challenging as it is continually growing and expanding. We have tried to provide helpful tips and tricks to drive your business through social media. Here are some best practices regarding social media and the features you can use through Constant Contact, some tips on how to grow your business, and how to grow your list through social media with a sign up form. I hope these can provide you some insight and please let us know if we can help in any other way!

Sarah_K
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!