cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Read Percentage...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Read Percentage...

Hi everyone,

My stats show that about 60 percent of my readers open my mail, and yet when I talk to people they tell me that yes they read it.... It seems to be mostly gmail users, however not all.  Does anyone by chance know if there is a setting that needs to be changed in their gmail to allow CC to register it? 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Read Percentage...

Hey there @BeckyS016 congratulations, a 60% open rate for your email is fantastic! I want to make sure I'm understanding your question correctly, it sounds like some of your Gmail contacts are showing as "Did not opens" when they have in fact opened the email, is this correct? 

If so, you may be interested in reading more about how we track email opens. Unfortunately no open rate can be 100% accurate, and there is not a setting that Gmail contacts have to turn on in order to track if they opened an email, it sounds like they might just not be triggering our image-pixels hidden within the emails. These invisible pixels hidden in your emails are how we track if a contact opens your email.  We try to achieve the most accurate open rates for your emails and appreciate you letting us know some of your Gmail contacts are being inaccurately reported.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

I think you are correct. I went to a person I know was reading them and noticed they had no pictures showng up... we changed the setting in their gmail account, and now it is working! Thank you!

Occasional Visitor

Just curious you have a 60% open rate, are you using the trail version or did you pay for a subscription. I have the trail and sent out a campaign with only 7% open rate...not sure if it's worth getting the full thing if it's any different, etc. 

Hi @KristaP557 

I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way! I can see you've also reached out about this through another post in the Community as well. The good news is we have responded and share some troubelshooting steps on that post.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi Krista,

Yes, I do pay for this service.  I have tried others while working at other places, and have landed and stayed with CC.  I found that it was the easiest to navigate and very straight forward.  Plus, I have never had spam attached to any of my stuff using CC.  I think that reason I have such a high percentage too, is that my audience looks for this weekly email, like if doesn't come out I hear about it... :smileyface:   Good Luck!