Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Percentage...

SOLVED
Frequent Visitor

Read Percentage...

Hi everyone,

My stats show that about 60 percent of my readers open my mail, and yet when I talk to people they tell me that yes they read it.... It seems to be mostly gmail users, however not all.  Does anyone by chance know if there is a setting that needs to be changed in their gmail to allow CC to register it? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Read Percentage...

Hey there @BeckyS016 congratulations, a 60% open rate for your email is fantastic! I want to make sure I'm understanding your question correctly, it sounds like some of your Gmail contacts are showing as "Did not opens" when they have in fact opened the email, is this correct? 

If so, you may be interested in reading more about how we track email opens. Unfortunately no open rate can be 100% accurate, and there is not a setting that Gmail contacts have to turn on in order to track if they opened an email, it sounds like they might just not be triggering our image-pixels hidden within the emails. These invisible pixels hidden in your emails are how we track if a contact opens your email.  We try to achieve the most accurate open rates for your emails and appreciate you letting us know some of your Gmail contacts are being inaccurately reported.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Read Percentage...

I think you are correct. I went to a person I know was reading them and noticed they had no pictures showng up... we changed the setting in their gmail account, and now it is working! Thank you!