cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejuvenating an old newsletter with Constant Contact

Rejuvenating an old newsletter with Constant Contact

Hello, my name is Suzette Mack and I am a new subscriber, but I am not new to newsletters.  I did it the old fashioned way, with plain text emails and an Excel spreadsheet full of email addresses, but that was ugly & laborious.  I stopped about 3 years ago, even though my newsletter was one of my best marketing tools, to focus on blogging & Facebook. 

That's all been very successful but I want to step things up a bit by reaching out to people more actively.  I own my own travel business, so I have to compete heavily with the internet, showing potential clients that I offer  insider knowledge, excellent customer service, and a personal relationship,  because travel is a very personal purchase. 

A colleague uses CC and has been very happy, so I decided to give it a try, and it turns out it's so easy and so many more features than I was expecting.  And I am very lucky that my teen son knows graphic design so he made some logos for me.   I sent the first email today, and I LOVE being able to see who opened it, what they clicked on, etc. 

I also love tying all the marketing pieces together.  I have the signup button on my website and blog, and I was able to install the newsletter signup tool on FB with the instructions provided by CC.  Fingers crossed! 

I need to start browsing the forums and and learning center so I can get more best practices and marketing ideas. 

Suzette Mack

www.family-treks.com

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Rejuvenating an old newsletter with Constant Contact

SuzetteMack,

Wow!  Welcome to the Constant Contact family!  Sounds like you have been busy busy busy!

I hope the person who refered you to us used the "refer a friend" link so both you and his/her account can gain a $30 credit!   Ask that person if they did and if so, please have them call us with both his/her user name AND yours so we can be sure credit is given where deserved.

If we can do anything to assist you in the future, please let us know.  You can leave your thoughts or questions here in our Community, email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com, or call us at 866-289-2101.  We would love to help in anyway we can. 

Our phone and community support hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-11pm ET, Friday 7am-9pm ET,  Saturday & Sunday 10am-8pm ET.

Thank you for your time.

Troy S.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Yes, my friend is getting credit for the referral.  Thanks for checking!

CTCT Employee

Excellent news!  Of course, you are most welcome!  It is vital to us that we give credit for referalls because both of you deserve it.  I'm glad it has been taken care of.

Remember, if you have any additional questions, or if you just need some help, please feel free to respond to this message with the details, or call our Support Team directly at (866) 289-2101. Our hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-11pm ET, Friday 7am-9pm ET,  Saturday & Sunday 10am-8pm ET.

Thank you again for your time.

Troy S.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Can you tell me how long my newslettter will stay in my account?  I would like to be able to copy and edit it for future emails.  I believeI was told that if I don't add on Archiving they are not stored permanently.

Without archiving, how long does the URL work that was created for sharing on Twitter? (The one that I used in my original message).

CTCT Employee

SuzetteMack,

Thank you for your reply.  I am very sorry that I missed it until just now.  I hope that you have already received an answer, but just in case, I wanted to reach back out to you.

Any email you create within your Constant Contact account will actually stay in your account until you either cancel the account, or move the email into your trash folder. 

With that being said, if you are linking to the email by using the web version or a Simple Share link for Twitter/Facebook/etc, the link is only valid for 30 days after the date the email was originally sent.  It does not reset the 30 day window if you use the Resend or Quicksend features or reshare it.  If you have the Archive, the email gets its own permanent link that remains so long as you keep the Archive product.

You can always copy and edit the copy of any sent, scheduled, or draft email so long as you continue to have service with us.

I hope this helps!  If you have any additional questions, or if you just need some help, please feel free to respond to this message with the details, or call our Support Team directly at (866) 289-2101. Our hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-11pm ET, Friday 7am-9pm ET,  Saturday & Sunday 10am-8pm ET.

Thank you for your time.

Troy S.