Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmented Lists Problem

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Segmented Lists Problem

I love the segmented list feature.

But  I tried to use it for "Did Not Open." I clicked that option and then the appropriate list. But then it insists that I select a "Contact feature", none of which seem to apply.  So unless I am missing something I cannot use this powerful looking feature. Pls advise. Thanks

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Segmented Lists Problem

Hi @RichS44

We're so happy to hear you love this segmentation feature! The good news is when you're segmenting your contacts, you do not have to use Contact Details. You can always remove and criteria filter that you are not using.

2019-01-23_13-03-39.png

Please let us know if clicking the X to remove any of the filters you want, helps. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you/  That helped but was not the problem.  No one told me that you cannot create a segment with Did Not Open unless you first make a copy.  So I get a preview that says 793 recepients will get the e-mail. But after I submit for sending, I get an error message "no eligible criteria." No explanation.  Had to call support.  Please Please -- why have that option worded that way if you cannot use it on the original copy. Reword it or have an asterisk. Wasted two hours on this.  Thanks you.

Hi @RichS44

I apologize for any confusion there may have been with resending your email to a segment. At this time our resend feature will only send to contacts who have not previously received your email.

2019-01-24_11-32-45.png

There are however two workaround you can do instead. The first workaround being to copy your campaign and send this copy to your segment. The second workaround is adding your segment into a new listOnce these addresses are moved into your new list, you can do a Quicksend to the full list from your contacts page. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.