The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Should I Wait?

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Should I Wait?

I always say that answering your customers’ questions is the best way to come up with blog topics, and this one’s no exception. Two clients were in the same predicament and I’m sure there are others facing the same quandary.Redesigning Your Website

“My website is in the process of being completely redesigned. I want to wait to start email marketing until after the new site is perfect and live. Isn’t this the best approach?”

The answer is usually “no”, for two basic reasons.

• Email Campaigns may lead your reader to an online presence if you wish, but it’s certainly not mandatory. An online presence can be hosted in a variety of places, not just your website.

• Redesigning websites, like home renovations, almost always takes longer than you think it will.

So should your marketing be held hostage?

Absolutely not! No one can afford to skip marketing efforts and email is one of the easiest, most cost effective, and dynamic methods.So your website is under construction … here are some ways to keep the engagement going along with your Email Marketing Campaigns.

• Determine which social media channels are appropriate for your business and set up accounts ONLY there. Don’t waste time on 6 different tools when you only need 2 or 3.

• Make sure your online profiles are complete, up to date, and takes full advantage of all that account can do for you. Perhaps you’re selling consumer products – take a look at Facebook ads. Perhaps you’re a B-to-B expert – post blog articles on LinkedIn.

• If you already have a blog account (BlogSpot, Tumblr, etc.) that’s not connected to your new website, post your informative articles there and link your email campaign to your blog.

• If you host events, you can set up landing pages for your event through Constant Contact’s Event Spot and that’s where you point your readers to. Then Tweet about them!

• Use your Email Campaign as the opportunity to ASK YOUR READERS WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE. Imagine spending lots of time on material for your website, but your clients were hoping for some other content altogether!

• If you have glowing reviews on online directories like Yelp!, Houzz, Angie’s List and a host of other review-heavy sites, then link your email campaign to that page. Yes, it’s bragging, but as your Marketing Mom, I’m encouraging you to brag!

As you can see, today’s social world gives you tons of opportunities to spread the word, engage new contacts and toot your own horn. Not to say you shouldn’t have a website, it’s definitely a necessity, but it’s not the only tool in your arsenal!  Your competitors are already reaping the rewards of email marketing, so stop waiting and start your Email Marketing Campaigns NOW.

Susana Fonticoba
Right Click Advantage LLC
Online Marketing Strategy, Services Coaching
www.RightClickAdvantage.com
Mobile: 973-952-0053

Authorized Local Expert | Master Certified Solution Provider | Constant Contact
Northwest Region President | NJ Association of Women Business Owners

470 Ridgedale Avenue
Suite 2E | East Hanover, NJ 07936
Corner of Grove Ave & Ridgedale Ave
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured