Slow!!!! Why are you not fixing this problem????

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Slow!!!! Why are you not fixing this problem????

Late in the evening/early morning, when I have the time to work on my campaigns, I find that Constant Contact is EXTREMELY slow.  I'll make a change and wait forever for the system to respond.  I don't seem to have this problem during normal working hours.  My guess is that you are doing maintenance work late in the evening and that is slowing the system down.  If that is the case, please advise the time and duration of the slowdown.  This is severely impacting my work!

When using the keyword 'slow' in a search of the conversations, I see MANY others complaining about the same problem.  Just let us know when you will be degrading the system and we will avoid those times!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

An unexpected error occurred while reading your email: Unexpected error encountered

Why do I get the following error when attempting to load a campaign:

"An unexpected error occurred while reading your email: Unexpected error encountered"

What email are you referring to?  I'm trying to open a campaign, not send an email.

Highlighted

Re: An unexpected error occurred while reading your email: Unexpected error encountered

Hi @RaymondF67 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email campaign. Both of the experiences you are describing appears to be connected to your Legacy Newsletter Templates. The unexpected error message you’ve received is a defect in these templates. This message typically appears when editing or copying a Legacy Newsletter where the From Name is blank. Do you see a From name on the campaign you have copied or are currently editing? If not I would suggest adding one.

While on the other hand, the slow loading can be caused from problematic formatting. We have seen cases where copying and reusing campaigns in our Legacy templates over a long period of time can carry over coding from past emails and cause problematic formatting. In these cases we recommend inserting your content into brand new blocks instead of blocks that are being copied over, or even moving over to our Third Generation Editor. Do you have this same experience in this Third Generation editor?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Re: An unexpected error occurred while reading your email: Unexpected error encountered

Same problem. The entire interface just lags and stalls late night / early morning. It's infuriating.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I don't think the problem is with the Legacy templates that I am still using.  During normal working hours, the Legacy campaigns load up and can be edited quickly.  The problem is late in the evening and early morning hours; your system clearly slows down significantly.  Are you doing maintenance/updates to your program during that time?

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured