cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Business Saturday

Participating Solution Provider

Small Business Saturday

Shop Small Saturday is Saturday, November 29, 2014.  I do plan on finding a few small shops to visit on that day to support other local people in business for themselves.  I am B2B so I can't participate myself, but I can help others to figure out what to do to make this a bigger sale in my area.  

Send out a "SAVE THE DATE" this weekend (Nov 14-17) telling people about shopping small.  Tell people what your deals are going to be an encourage your clients to support you and to make an effort to shop small on November 29 (and throughout the shopping season.)

The week of Thanksgiving will be busy for people.  We will all be cooking, prepping for family visits or trying to finish out the month early.  Schedule the reminder of your Shop Small event to be sent the week of the event. Schedule it now so it won't get past you on that busy week.  I am thinking that Tuesday will be a good day.  Many people will take Wednesday off; Thursday and Friday will be filled with Food, Football and Big Box shopping.  If you think your clients would respond to an early morning email, then you can send the email reminder out Saturday morning. I would be afraid they already planned out their route for that day but you know your clients.

Since we know everyone will be busy - keep your email short, simple and clear.  Who, What, When, Where, and Why.  

• Who  - have your logo at the top and also written out in the first line for those who don't download images.
  • What - make what is happening at your location clear.  Is it the best sale of the year?  Will you have hot chocolate for people who might need a break from shopping?
  • When - not only that the date is November 29, but what are your hours that day.
  • Where - include your address (maybe even a map so if people share with others you can be found).
  • Why!  Because it is Small Business Saturday and the start of the Christmas/Holiday Shopping Season.

The week after (or after the Christmas season) send a third email - send a Thank You.  Think about keeping a sign in book for people that visit you that day or that weekend and send them a special email.  Make them a segment on your email list so you can send them a separate email next year (maybe even with a super secret offer since they come in 2014.).

I hope you are thinking of participating in Shop Small Saturday - whether it is at your retail location or by shopping at your locally owned retailer.  If you are in business, support others who are local businesses.  

I hope your Thanksgiving is full of happiness this year!  Thanks for reading my posts.  

Ellen McDowell
Ellen McDowell - Your Social Butterfly
Master Certified Solution Provider