cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Businesses Cautiously Optimistic

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Small Businesses Cautiously Optimistic

It’s National Small Business Week. It’s a week-long celebration of all the small businesses and the big dreams that make them possible.

The Small Business Administration has  events going on this week all over the country.

And of course, Constant Contact has events going on too. Small businesses are our bread and butter, so we wouldn’t miss this for the world.

National Small Business Week seems like a good time to reassess how small businesses are doing. Let’s face it, it’s been a rough few years for businesses of all sizes, but the clouds are starting to part. Last month, Constant Contact conducted a survey of small business owners, and things are cautiously optimistic.

2013-06-17_1230.png

In part, this is because consumers are seeking out the experience that a locally owned business can provide. More than half of small business owners are reporting how being locally owned is important to their customers. They are also reaping the benefits of a more socially connected customer base, as word-of-mouth referrals are a greater part of their new business than before.

Perhaps the most important finding, to my eyes at least, is that while nearly six in ten report it’s harder to run a business now than five years ago, nearly as many expect their hard work to pay off and see their business thriving in five years’ time, and an additional quarter of respondents see their businesses holding steady.

Entrepreneur.com has a great write-up on the survey, and we also have the results for you in a handy infographic.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!