cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Media: Where it's @

Participating Solution Provider

Social Media: Where it's @

The Internet News Cast Video.png

Did you watch the Super Bowl commercials this year? Every year I hunker down on the couch with my cell phone in hand, ready to tweet and Facebook my take on what has almost become the most anticipated part of The Big Game. Bathroom breaks and appetizers only happen during the football coverage.

This year I got a big chuckle out of one commercial in particular. It was actually a BMW advertisement, but I didn’t really get past the 1981 video of Bryant Gumbel and Katie Couric, discussing a new phenomenon called “The Internet”. They were confused and almost angry about this new sensation that was taking the nation by storm.

Fast forward three decades and look how far we’ve come. Technology allows us to communicate and do business in ways our forefathers wouldn’t have dared dreaming of. The internet, email, social media, video and audioconferencing – we are always connected to each other, no matter what corner of the globe we are located. It has changed the way we do business and live our lives.

Not so many years ago, one of the questions new business owners faced was whether or not to build a website. Registering a domain, writing page copy, keeping it updated; it was a daunting and time-consuming task. Many business startups wondered if it was even worth the effort. Today, a website is considered a standard for small businesses.

Now a similar question revolves around social media. The idea of being on Facebook, spending time on Twitter, and posting images to Instagram is completely overwhelming and downright scary for some new business owners. They wonder if the resources required by a social media presence are worth the investment. In a few years, even though the social media landscape will be drastically different, the pressure for a business to communicate with clients in a social landscape will be even greater than it is today. A social media presence will be expected by both customers and those looking to do business with you.

So, small business owners, when considering whether to invest in a social media presence today, consider this:

• As of December 2014, Facebook reports 890 million daily active users on average. It might be a better question to ask who isn’t on social media.
  • Techcrunch.com reported over 30 million small businesses that have a presence on Facebook (June 3, 2014). If your business isn’t one of them, there’s a good chance your competition is. Do you want to allow them that advantage?
  • Advertising on social media can provide widespread reach for a relatively small budget. Where else can you potentially reach 20,000 sets of eyes for only $5/day?
  • Poll your friends on what sources influence their buying decisions. I’ll almost bet you a dollar one out of five people you ask consults social media or asks their friends via a social post.

April Signature SM.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April Keating, a military spouse entrepreneur and mom of two young boys, is the owner & founder of online marketing firm Cre8ve Content Co. April is an expert with Constant Contact products and holds a Master Certification as a Solution Partner. She also is a member of the Washington, DC metro area Constant Contact Authorized Local Experts team. Click here to subscribe to April's monthly Cre8ve Chronicles newsletter.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/assistbyapril/AprilSignatureSM_zps624e6615.png