cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Starting a small business

Occasional Participant

Starting a small business

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a small business and although I have started two small business and ran them myself they were supplying a service and this one is supplying a product, I want to set this thing up wisely and efficient and I do not have a lot of experience so what books would the collective body here recommend for the setup and running of a small business. PS any advice is much appreciated.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62870

Whiteboard video production studio

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Any good resources to read to start my own small business?

Hello,

I've been toying with an idea for some time, and I shared it with a good friend of mine who was just as keen and passionate about the idea too, but as we both do not have much entrepreneurship background, I think we should be as prepared as possible before embarking on this journey. (Sidenote: I'm not from the US so any US-specific advice may not be applicable to me.) I have many concerns due to my lack of experience, but I'm sure at least some of these concerns can be addressed by having some proper knowledge. Paradoxically the only way to gain this experience is by actually starting a business, so yeah.. Would you guys know of websites/books that would be invaluable for a complete newbie like me? I know getting a business plan up should be our first step, but I'm struggling with certain aspects of it (market research, etc) at the moment.

Please help

Thank you

Occasional Participant

Small business website as good as Bogleheads.com?

Hello,

We started a small LLC for a women's fashion manufacturing business and I could use a forum for small business questions/advice as I get here on bogleheads for personal finance. Probably very beginner questions about taxes, offsetting profits with expenses, etc. Any suggestions?

Please help

Thank you

Tags (1)
Occasional Participant

Finance issues for small home biz?

Hello,

My wife is contemplating starting a business at home for which she'd be the sole employee. Initially it would start exceedingly small and the profit (if any) would be in the noise of our other income. But it may grow...or fail. Nevertheless, I would like to become knowledgeable about appropriate ways to proceed on all financial matters (taxes, insurance, risk, accounting, and so on). I don't want to go nuts and spend gobs of time setting things up that aren't necessary but I also don't want to ignore things that are important. Can anyone advise resources for such things? Websites or books? Ones particularly geared to those starting small and that advise how to be time efficient would be most welcome.

Please help

Thank you

Re: Starting a small business

Hello @user5995. Thank you so much for coming into the Community and congratulations on starting your small business journey! While we aren't able to recommend any third-party resources or books, we partner with Bluehost for website hosting and domain services if you were in need of those.

The Community is a great place for assistance with our email marketing product and I recommend visiting the Constant Contact Blog which I'm very sure would have some valuable marketing insight for you. We also work with many Solution Providers who offer a wide array of services such as include financial services and consulting. 

Best of luck to you! If you have any questions about the Constant Contact product, we will be here for you!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.