Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Graph Search from Facebook

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The New Graph Search from Facebook

f_logo.png

Have you heard about the new Graph Search from Facebook yet?  You will be able to search for anything that has been shared with you or content that has been shared publically on Facebook including photos, people, pages and more.   On your personal account you will be able to search for things like: photos of me, Restaurants my friends have gone to, people who live in my town.  The search results will vary for each person because everyone has their own connections/network on Facebook. 

You might need to start taking a look at your privacy settings now.  With Graph search other people might be able to find your profile, pictures and information if it is shared publically.  There is the potential to grow and expand your network on Facebook, but you have to decide how much information you want to share with people who may not know you personally. 

How do you think you would use Graph Search?  Do you think it will be beneficial toward any pages that you have on Facebook?  Are you going to update your privacy settings now? 

Currently Graph Search is still in Beta testing, but you can join the wait list and find more info here.

Also take a look at our blog post on the new Graph Search from Facebook, for how it can be useful to a small business.    

5 REPLIES 5
Regular Advisor

Re: The New Graph Search from Facebook

Samantha, FYI...  the second link (to the blog post) doesn't work. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Occasional Participant

What do you think this graph benefit our business,is their  something to look for it ? as i know nothing about this plz elaborate.

HI Mike, 

Thanks for pointing that out. I've replaced the link for you!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Advisor

Thank you Hannah. Reading it now. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Regular Advisor

Alright, I signed up for the beta and got approved the other day. They seem to be taking some risk by accessing some our information in a roundabout way. Of course they're stating up front to adjust your settings but I've been doing a lot of testing and am amazed how hard it is to protect "everything". You really need to get in there and familiarize yourself with what's showing up where and so on. Tip: Go under "Privacy Shortcuts", "Who Can See My Stuff" and "What do other people see on my timeline". It's the best view from the outside looking in and it does help. 

I spent the weekend tweaking and experimenting. Here's my page if you're interested: Facebook.com/Drumming 

Don't forget to say hello while you're there! :smileyhappy:

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com