cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Thinking of switching to CC...some questions for those in-the-know

SOLVED

Thinking of switching to CC...some questions for those in-the-know

I work for a company with around 30 sales people who I send out emails in individual 'campaigns' for. They sell b2b to people they have cultivated relationships with...so not really looking to 'grow' their lists. Currently I use another service but it's not fulfilling all the things I want. I need to know If CC can do some things for me. None of their lists is huge (the most is 450-ish) but with the number of sales staff, I spend a lot of time tracking down reports and adding/deleting contacts. (I have an account here because I create a newsletter for a non-profit, but it's pretty basic so I don't know the deeper ins-and-outs).

In my perfect newsletter world:

1. I could either use a template or upload straight HTML to create a newsletter. Obviously CC has templates. How easy is the HTML feature to use?

2. I could import contacts via .xls

3. I can set up reports to send to the salespeople automatically a determined amount of time after the campaign runs. This would have not just numbers of opens, clicks, etc but be a pretty full report with names included (remember, they know or hope to know each of these folks and so the personalized reporting is important.) This is what I'm NOT getting at my current provider.

4. In the absence of #3, a fairly intuitive way for me to quickly generate reports for them from 1 location - not 'opens here', 'undelivered here', 'opt-outs here'.

5. Support. There's no community forum like this where I am, which I miss. They do, however, have a very good live chat. 

I know that's a lot but hoping that enough of you know some of it to help me fill in the picture. Thanks so much in advance.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
CTCT Employee

Re: Thinking of switching to CC...some questions for those in-the-know

Hi @TMGR-News , 

I am happy to answer your questions.  Check out the response

1. You can use a template and modify the code and style sheet.  You also can use our advanced editor to use your own code and just paste your code in.  
  2. You can import via an .xls file or convert to a .csv
  3. We do not have an extended report that will show you all of this information in one spreadsheet. There are workarounds that you can use though.  It would require some more manual maintenance on the list and contacts though.  You can tag contacts as Opened or Clicked then export the contact list to see the tags and include names.  There is an early results email that you can set up to send after 48 hours, this email has just standard numbers, and to see more they would need to login to the account.  
  4. By tagging contacts from the reports tab you can export one report to send.  It will take a few steps to view each report though (i.e. Opens, Clicks, Bounces, etc.)
  5. We have the forums here that you can search and post in.  We also have support on Twitter (@CTCTHelp), over the phone, chat and email available.  To access these channels of support you can login to your account and click Help.  

Let us know if you need any more information. 

Solution Provider

I thought I'd respond since I don't work for CC, but I'm a happy partner. I've been in internet marketing for many years. Have worked with lots of different kinds of clients and their email needs. I LOVE CC! It is by and far better than any solution, including that well known free monkey one. Aside from the great platform, is their customer service! They love to answer the phone from their US offices and help you with any question or problem no matter how small. That's the big difference. As a newbie, they take really good care of you too. ~Savana Rose
Here's what I do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIcANT7vNc&feature=youtu.be
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

There is no option to easily search for past emails, and reproduce. No search function, though we have asked for this for a year. I wouldn't join.

Solution Provider

I don't find this to be entirely true. While there's not a search function per se, if you just scroll down your past emails and choose it, you can easily copy it.
Here's what I do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIcANT7vNc&feature=youtu.be
Advisor

If you can code at all, then I find it much faster, cleaner, and efficient to write my own html. CC accepts all html and css, so you can have total control over the layout of your newsletter. Plus you can archive on your own website as an html page with the same code. I code our newsletter to exactly match our website, so it's instantly recognizeable by our customers. We have very high click rates, and I think this is partly why. You just have more control if you write your own html.

Tags (3)
Occasional Contributor

Yes to all of your questions PLUS you can use:
1. Auto responder to respond to Clicks
2. Add Polls to better understand your list
3. Post on Social Media through Constant Contact (CTCT) (This grows your list amazingly fast)
4. Become a Partner and generate revenue
5. Build list from Clicks
6. Put Campaigns on autopilot
7. Intergrate to Shopify, Wordpress and others
Tags (1)
Visitor

While SavanaRoseW is "technically correct"  this type of "find it and then you can copy it" method is cumbersome, frustrating and challenging if you have to research thru many many many email campaigns to find the one you want to copy.  As your other customer said in their reply--  We as customers have been asking for a better way to find/research info from our previous email campaigns for years.

Tags (2)

Hi @Lizzz

Thank you for including your feedback on this thread. I can definitely understand how helpful a feature like this would be. This is a feature request that I have tracked in your account and submitted to our engineers. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from a search campaign feature not currently available. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.