Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.
I work for a company with around 30 sales people who I send out emails in individual 'campaigns' for. They sell b2b to people they have cultivated relationships with...so not really looking to 'grow' their lists. Currently I use another service but it's not fulfilling all the things I want. I need to know If CC can do some things for me. None of their lists is huge (the most is 450-ish) but with the number of sales staff, I spend a lot of time tracking down reports and adding/deleting contacts. (I have an account here because I create a newsletter for a non-profit, but it's pretty basic so I don't know the deeper ins-and-outs).
In my perfect newsletter world:
1. I could either use a template or upload straight HTML to create a newsletter. Obviously CC has templates. How easy is the HTML feature to use?
2. I could import contacts via .xls
3. I can set up reports to send to the salespeople automatically a determined amount of time after the campaign runs. This would have not just numbers of opens, clicks, etc but be a pretty full report with names included (remember, they know or hope to know each of these folks and so the personalized reporting is important.) This is what I'm NOT getting at my current provider.
4. In the absence of #3, a fairly intuitive way for me to quickly generate reports for them from 1 location - not 'opens here', 'undelivered here', 'opt-outs here'.
5. Support. There's no community forum like this where I am, which I miss. They do, however, have a very good live chat.
I know that's a lot but hoping that enough of you know some of it to help me fill in the picture. Thanks so much in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @TMGR-News ,
I am happy to answer your questions. Check out the response
Let us know if you need any more information.
There is no option to easily search for past emails, and reproduce. No search function, though we have asked for this for a year. I wouldn't join.
If you can code at all, then I find it much faster, cleaner, and efficient to write my own html. CC accepts all html and css, so you can have total control over the layout of your newsletter. Plus you can archive on your own website as an html page with the same code. I code our newsletter to exactly match our website, so it's instantly recognizeable by our customers. We have very high click rates, and I think this is partly why. You just have more control if you write your own html.
While SavanaRoseW is "technically correct" this type of "find it and then you can copy it" method is cumbersome, frustrating and challenging if you have to research thru many many many email campaigns to find the one you want to copy. As your other customer said in their reply-- We as customers have been asking for a better way to find/research info from our previous email campaigns for years.
Thank you for including your feedback on this thread. I can definitely understand how helpful a feature like this would be. This is a feature request that I have tracked in your account and submitted to our engineers. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from a search campaign feature not currently available.