cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to Improve Your Facebook Page

Honored Contributor

Tips to Improve Your Facebook Page

Social Media Examiner.png

Have you updated your Facebook Page recently? If not, you should. Scotty Ayres over at SocialMedia Examiner, shared some helpful tips on their blog that can help you get the most out of your Facebook Page.

#1: Add a Clear Cover Photo
Your cover photo is the first thing visitors to your page will see. Make sure your image is at least 851 pixels by 315 pixels. You don’t want it to be blurry so make sure it is at least that size. You should change your cover photo at least according to the seasons that correlate with your business. And only use images that correlate to your brand.

#2: Optimize Your Profile Photo
Just as important as your cover photo is your profile photo. Your profile photo is what shows up when you post and when you comment. This also appears over your cover photo. You should use a square image. Facebook will display your image at 160px X 160px but will upload it at 180px X 180px. Make sure it looks crisp at both sizes.

#3: Complete our About Section
This may look different based upon the type of business page you chose. But you should have as much information filled out as possible. Personally, if I’m looking for a local business on Facebook, I will want to see their address and hours of operation as well as their phone number. If I’m looking for an online only business, I expect to find a working web address for them.

To learn how to optimize for mobile, leverage third-party apps, and to work from a posting strategy, check out Scott’s full post “6 Tips to Improve Your Facebook Page”.