cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to help productivity

Honored Contributor

Tips to help productivity

KillerStartups.com

As a small business owner you have tons of time on your hands, right?  I know, I was just kidding; you are juggling work, life, your business, your employees, and everything else in between.  I came across a great article on KillerStartups with tips for productivity.  There are many in here that can relate to small business owners, here are the few that stood out to me (not in the same order as the article). 

1. Break everything down. You will have projects that are going to take some time.  As the old saying goes “Rome was not built in a day.” Take a larger project/task/goal and break it up into smaller actionable items.  This will help to show you the progress you are making and feel a sense of accomplishment with each step you take towards the completion of your project.
  2. Send action-only emails.  Take this idea is great, if you are sending emails make sure that there is a purpose and a “clear direction or call to action.” Your time is valuable, as well as your contacts. Make sure to send them relevant information
  3. Gift yourself 15 minutes.  Make sure that for all of the time you are spending keeping your business up and running that you also take a break, every day.  Take just a few minutes to relax and take some you timeYou deserve it!

Take a look at the article to find out the other tips listed.  What do you think of the tips?  Do you have a tip not listed? Feel free to share!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Tips to help productivity

I read the article, Samantha and what I like most are:

1. Eight for the day

2. Consider your space

3. #OfflineDarkSixty

Honored Contributor

Re: Tips to help productivity

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for replying and reading the article!  The tips that you pointed out are great ones too.  I am thinking of trying the "Eight for a day" one