cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Grow Sales, Turn Your Workplace into a Theater for Customers

Honored Contributor

To Grow Sales, Turn Your Workplace into a Theater for Customers

Entrepreneur.png

How do you involve your customers in your work?  Lambeth Hochwald, of Entrepreneur.com, tells us how some businesses can grow their sales by actually showing them in the process of their projects. This may not work for all businesses, but check out how some can do this. 

I have a friend who loves to knit and has an art studio. At the studio every month, they Open Studios. During this time, the artists are encouraged to open up their studios in the hopes of gaining sales.  One thing that she does is she actually will dye her yarn while Open Studios is going on.  This way if anyone stops by her studio, they can actually see her at work before she begins the wonderful creations she makes.  This also makes people stop and engage with her.  She can educate them on what she does to dye the yarn, how long it takes, and what prompted her to choose those outrageous colors.

One of the businesses that Lambeth mentions is a furniture shop called RVP 1875. To get their customers engaged with them, they will dress up in clothing from 1875 and use tools from then.  Robby Pedersen, owner and furniture maker, states “We double as a working museum, and I find that a typical customer is far more likely to order a piece after I demonstrate some tools and techniques of the trade.”

How do you think you could use this theater approach for your business?

You don’t necessarily have to do this in your business for them. Instead you could make a video, post it on YouTube and then share it in your newsletter.

To check out the other examples, read “To Grow Sales, Turn Your Workplace into a Theater for Customers