Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 7 Mistakes Businesses Make When Filing an Insurance Claim

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Top 7 Mistakes Businesses Make When Filing an Insurance Claim

Entre logo2.jpg

When disasters strike, your business can take a big hit. How you handle the situation with your insurance company can make a big difference.

I found a post on Entrepreneur that has the 7 tips you'll want to know when filing an insurance claim. Some of the takeaways seem obvious but when you're dealing with a crisis being overwhelmed may make you forget what you need to do.

1. Contact Your Insurer Immediately - Picking up the pieces is important but you'll want your insurance company to see the full extent of your damages before cleaning up.
  2. Document Your Damage - Be sure to take pictures of all of the damage your business may have sustained.
  3. Read Your Policy - Be sure you're covered. Do not assume that you're insurance covers earthquakes just because the state you live in is prone to them.

For all 7 tips, check out the full article : Top Seven Mistakes Business Owners Make Filing Insurance Claims

Did this post help? Have you had to deal with your insurance company after a disaster? What tips do you have?

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!