Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Feature Coming to Twitter?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Video Feature Coming to Twitter?

Mashable Social Media.JPG

It appears that Twitter may be bringing videos into your tweets pretty soon.  Last October, Twitter acquired Vine, "a small video-sharing startup".  And it looks like soon you'll be able to insert videos into your tweets similar to how you insert images now.

Check out the CEO, Dick Costolo's tweet in the post with his video by reading "Twitter CEO Shows Off New Way to Share Videos in Tweets".

Do you think you'd include short videos in your tweets?

How would that help your exposure via Twitter?

What would your business share?

4 REPLIES 4
Regular Advisor

Re: Video Feature Coming to Twitter?

Interesting... and thanks for that Marissa (and hi!, it's been awhile since I've been in here). 

"Do you think you'd include short videos in your tweets?"

Absolutely! We just did a short Valentine's Day Singing Seal clip the other day. It would be perfect for this. 

It will be interesting to see if it helps them get better search results than currently with Google. Anybody notice how little Facebook and Twitter get real estate in their results? Cooincidence?

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Honored Contributor

That singing seal is adorably cute!  Thanks for sharing the link!  And I absolutely agree with you that it will be interesting to see if it helps with search results!

Occasional Advisor

I also come across such news on 24 stating that Twitter is introducing Vine, a mobile service that allows users to create and share short looping videos. I feel this is one of the pioneer decisions being taken that reflects its creativity. I hope this would be vital for content marketing strategy.

Regular Advisor

Interesting... and it makes sense b/c everything is going mobile. It's exciting to see Twitter still in the game. I've always liked the simple concept. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com