cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are The Top Three New Year's Resolutions For Your Business?

Participating Solution Provider

What Are The Top Three New Year's Resolutions For Your Business?

Alas 2013 is upon us and it seems like it was only yesterday that we were ushering in 2012! As my Grandmother always said, time goes regardless of whether you are doing what you should or not--so--you may as well make a concerted effort to do what you know you should be doing!

I've been spending the last couple weeks making a note of all of the things that I want to accomplish this year for my business. The original list is about 10 items long, but I have decided that I will split it up by quarter and choose to only focus on three goals per quarter with the hope that at this time next year, I would have actually accomplished everything on my original list --for once.

There has been a lot of buzz going on over the last week about all of the hot small business trends for the upcoming year: all the new gadgets that we should be on the look out for, all of the new technologies that will allow us to run our businesses more effectively, and the list goes on. I must admit that it can be quite overwhelming to digest everything all at once, so for me, the path of least resistance has been to take a really honest look at my business and first come up with a list of things that are needed to move forward, and then compare it to the list of "2013 business must haves".

I have  found this approach to be useful because I am now able to match my needs with the long list of recommendations out there, and begin my evaluatory process.  For me, the top three goals that I need to focus on for first quarter 2013 are:

1. Automation of my marketing efforts to stimulate more qualified lead generation

2. Systemization of my work processes (project management & billing systems).

3. Expansion of my team (to handle all of the new business that will be coming our way, if all goes well with goal #1).

What are yours? Do you agree that breaking down your goals quarter by quarter will make them more attainable? Be sure to let me know!

And just in case you haven't taken much notice of all of the small business predictions for 2013, here is a useful link that will get you all caught up!

images.jpg

Sincerely,
Petia A. Bradshaw, MBA
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What Are The Top Three New Year's Resolutions For Your Business?

Hi, Very nice and perfect post. Your though and possitive think is awesome.... . Well, I appreciate your efforts and keep posting.  One more thing "Impossible : it self said I M POSSIBLE" .

Not applicable

I can still feel the holiday so I still don't have a resolution. But I think your list is a great resolution for this year business. I'll use it as a guide, thanks for the idea.

Participating Solution Provider

Hello Aaliaj & Elmer,

I am glad that you enjoyed my post!

Sincerely,
Petia A. Bradshaw, MBA