cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What BLOG service do you recommend?

What BLOG service do you recommend?

I currently use the one through Go Daddy and have a client looking to begin one. Ant comments on what is good for a small "just-beginning-social-media" client? Thanks!

Retail marketing expert in the natural products industry and founder of askDebby.com and Branding Toppers
3 REPLIES 3
Contributing Solution Provider

Re: What BLOG service do you recommend?

It appears you are asking which hosting service for a blog?

Most hosting services offer their own blogs for free or a fee which is hosted on their servers with access through your account. I advise my clients to use a opensource resource for their blogs. The reasoning is simple. If you use a blog that is unique to your hosting company, your chances of being able to move that blog in the future with all your posts intact are slim if at all.

Using open source, (ie: Wordpress, Movable Type, Google, TrueType) gives my clients the ability to
(1) move files to a new hosting company (for any reason)
(2) easier cross link to their website and other blogs,
(3) countless free templates and gadgets,
(4) additional functionality with 3rd party apps
(5) ability to feed directly to existing websites and social sites

(6) and easier to access technical answers and support.

The open source blog applications can be used by companies of any size, and can grow over time as needed. Wordpress is very popular, with the ability to mirror almost any website. The Google blog is free with a free google account. With creative abilities the blog background and layout can be customized. Both of these blogs can be networked into any website or most social profiles with simple code.

Personally, I do not like the GoDaddy hosting platform or support.  Many people use them because they are cheap, or don't know that there are more customer friendly and affordable options. The bestway to determine which hosting company to use is by defining what features you want first and then use the company that gives you all that, room to grow and more for your budget. My clients have been happy for years with Network Solutions or web.com or VPS.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Highlighted
Solution Provider

I would recommend going with Wordpress, for a lot of reasons, but the number one reason for me is that in integrates completely with HootSuite (http://hootsuite.com/).  Hootsuite is the one stop, one log-in to do all you Social Media and Blogging.  Once setup, which is a piece of cake, Hootsuite will post to a Wordpress Blog, FaceBook, Twitter, and a few other sites with one click - totally hassle free.  It is a great solution. Add NutshellMail (http://nutshellmail.com/) - and you and your customer is totally set...Hootsuite and NutshellMail are both free!

For hosting a wordpress install HostGator (www.hostgator.com/) is a good solid affordable choice.

Jay Moore
Visit us: Moore Business Consulting
"Helping You and Your Business Succeed"
Contributing Solution Provider

Another great program to stay on top of your social posts is using Nutshell.

It not only allows you to post to multiple accounts (social profiles) at the same time, it can be set to send you an email with an activity report of your accounts, ie. What are your friends posting, birthday reminders, who is now following you or stopped following, etc. 

A great service and it's free from Constant Contact.  All my clients use it.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.