After just 14 years in business, I feel I could write a book. What do you feel are some of the most valuable lessons you've learned so far as a business owner?
I've learned several things over the years.
- have a strategic plan yet be flexible to change.
- plan for the future, but be mindful of today
- listen first - then offer solutions. One size does not fit all.
- know my niche market. Not everyone is my customer.
- appreciate my clients, give more than expected and they will refer others to me
- treat my associates and employees with the same respect I deserve
- stay on top of trends and make adjustments in my marketing plan as needed
- don't do something just because everyone else is doing it. (Just because Susie jumped off a cliff, would you? - my mother's voice)
- know the value of my services, Set fees based on value and give more than expected.
and so many more.......
Wishing you awesome and continuing success
Very good tips Sumner, thanks!
By the way, I love your posts. Very well-written and thoughtful!
Thank you, Mike.:cathappy: