cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's On Your Business Bucket List?

Participating Solution Provider

What's On Your Business Bucket List?

As we savor these last warm days and relaxed summer evenings, our minds begin to reluctantly start returning to the appointments, deadlines, meetings and routines of running our business once we leave the beach! Before you launch right into the demands of your daily routine, this “in-between” time might be ideal for some reassessment of the big picture.

• When you began your career, what were your goals and aspirations?
  • Have they changed? If so, how? If not, which ones have you accomplished?
  • What are your objectives for your business in the months ahead?
  • Where do you see your business in 2, 5, 10 years?

What’s on your Business Bucket List?

Jerry Bustamante, senior vice president of public policy for the Arizona Small Business Association, has this to say about the idea of a bucket list for your business:

“It’s also a powerful exercise that can help you see your business from a different vantage point and add some excitement and meaning to its life. If swimming with sharks, running a marathon and building your dream home are items on your personal bucket list, what would the equivalent of each be on your small business bucket list? Think about how much more meaningful the life of your business would be if you had a bucket list and were crossing items off and adding new ones.”

As a business owner, you already know that the buck stops with you! Sure, you rely on the expertise and hard work of your employees and support staff; but, at the end of the day, no one cares about your business more than you, and maintaining a list of attainable goals and objectives is a great way to inject energy, growth and innovation into your venture.

Just as a bucket list in life reminds us not to take time for granted, a Business Bucket List reinforces the need to manage time, set realistic goals and to constantly reassess and possibly redefine our business as it evolves. Here are a few items that came to mind when pondering my business bucket list:

• Increase sales this year by 10%
  • Close a “dream” account I’ve always wanted to have
  • Meet a famous author
  • Take a day off without feeling guilty and do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Now it’s your turn! Before you jump back into your hectic routine, gift yourself with a few minutes to nurture your business dreams as you ponder your Business Bucket List. Please share your list ideas in the comment section below . . . I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

CADALEMNG.jpg

Cathy Ann Drury

My NewsGirl

www.mynewsgirl.com