The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Why Do I Need a MDM Strategy?

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Why Do I Need a MDM Strategy?

mdm251x154.png

A staggering 6 billion smartphones are forecasted to be in service by 2020, according to a recent Ericsson Mobility Report. No doubt a large portion of this number represents a growing population of professionals that bring their personal devices into the office. This greater mobility is making it difficult for businesses to secure and protect their data—especially with limited resources and budget.  

Organizations that once simply reimbursed employee mobile phone expenses are now scrambling to develop and enforce Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. Managing all of the device types and operating systems in their company network—amid ongoing news reports detailing massive data breaches and security threats—is enough to make today’s strained IT department employees run for the hills!

Let’s start with the fundamentals

If you have employees that are using their smart phones, tablets or desktops to conduct business—regardless of whether they are company or employee owned—you need a mobile device management (MDM) strategy. All businesses ranging from tiny non-profits to medium-sized for-profits have everything to gain by implementing a MDM plan now to scale with their business as it grows.

So what is a MDM strategy, really?

A MDM strategy details all of the devices and applications, software, policies, procedures and resources your business is willing to commit to manage and protect your company data. Documenting this strategy enables the decision-makers in your business to:

• Determine what types of devices and platforms your company will support
  • Define the business objectives that devices will be used to address
  • Select scalable applications and software to protect your growing wireless environment
  • Outline policies and procedures needed to keep your proprietary data safe
  • Allocate the staff and budget needed to support it

I know creating a MDM strategy can feel overwhelming (I’m here to help!). Luckily today there are a variety of cloud-based solutions that fit within the budgets of even the smallest businesses, non-profits, government offices and educational institutions to choose from.

Cloud computing = simplified IT management

Cloud-based solutions have become increasingly popular in MDM strategies due to ease of use and budget friendly subscription-based cost models. Deploying these types of cost-effective solutions, such as HP Touchpoint Manager, will help you boost productivity and reduce IT overhead costs.

In learning about HP Touchpoint Manager I’ve discovered it is particularly effective in quickly securing and managing mobile networks. This single application protects all devices types, regardless of operating system.  Coupled with a comprehensive Carter McGowan deployment, you would quickly realize the value of your MDM strategy, with minimum downtime.

Don’t put off your MDM strategy for another day. Contact me <service@cartermcgowanservices.com> to get started! I will work closely with you to evaluate your business needs so that I can design and deploy a plan tailored to your specific business requirements.

Peace and Blessings,
Nikkia T. Carter, MCPS, MS, CTT
CEO/Owner, Carter-McGowan Services, LLC
Free Monthly Business Technology Webinars/Q&A Sessions and Helpful Tips: http://ow.ly/yVSFM
Specializing in Technology All Organizations Need!
Microsoft Silver Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions Partner | Certified Professional | SMB Champion
CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer | Authorized VAR (Microsoft, Constant Contact, BrainStorm, Hootsuite, BitTitan)

(866) 721-6085 Phone/Fax | (540) 693-0578 Local
service@cartermcgowanservices.com
Local, State, and Federal Registered Contractor | VA SWAM Certified
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured