Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET. Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.
A blog (comes from weblog) is a website consisting of entries (also called posts) that appear in reverse chronological order by day month and year with the most recent entry appearing first (similar in format to a diary or journal). Blogs typically include features such as comments and links to increase user interactivity. Blogs are created using specific publishing software. Blog writing style is usually informal. Blogs topics and be on anything you choose but most bloggers stick to a certain niche.
Top 7 Reasons To Create a Blog for Your Business
1. You will able to add content in minutes You don’t have to go through the trouble of uploading (FTP) files to your host like static sites. You can update your content from any computer as long as it has internet access. This is great for when you have the next big idea. You can easily log in to your admintration panel so that you post and let the world know.
2. It’s a Free (or Low Cost) If you are on a budget, blogging is the way to go. You can start your blog absolutely free at popular blogging sites such as blogger.com or wordpress.com. If your business name is available, you can use it as the blog’s URL (web address). If you would like to purchase your business name’s domain, you can do so inexpensively from sites such as godaddy.com or register.com. If you want a self host your blog then you can go Host Gator for hosting services.
3. It Makes You the Expert You will become the go to person in your particular niche because you are showing your knowledge on various subjects when you post them to your blog. Your visitors will appreciate when you post instructions, tips, how-to’s, and other articles which can establish you as an expert in your niche. If you draw people in with content, you are more likely to sell any products or services that you are promoting because you have become a trusted source.
4. Create a relationship with visitors to your website On a static website most visitors may visit once or twice but then they may never come back. Because a blog is updated more often, visitors often return over and over again if you have good content. This enables you to create a bond with your visitors. You will be able to interact with your visitors by responding to the comments they leave on your blog.
5. Improve your search engine rankings Search engines like Google and Yahoo love blogs because they are always trying to provide fresh content to their customers. Since blogs are ever changing, they usually get better placement on the various search engines.
6. Make New Connections A blog is a great tool to use for networking. As people notice you on the internet, you will find that many will contact you to try to form a connection. Also, if you blog on a regular basis you will get the attention of other bloggers in your field. These bloggers may end up being potential customers. These contacts are opportunities for you to meet people that you never would have come into contact with otherwise.
7. Blogs will help you get links Drive more traffic to your blog by creating links on Social Media sites. The more links you create then the more traffic your blog will receive.
All in all, blogging is a low cost way to get massive exposure for your business. With all these benefits there is really no reason that you shouldn’t start blogging today!
Joseph Grillo 781-307-5258 firstname.lastname@example.org
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!