Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Email Marketing Is Better For Your Business Than Social Media

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Most of the business owners I meet for the first time will tell me that they use Facebook or Linkedin to increase their online exposure, but don't do any email marketing

Some of the reasons I often hear include: 

• "I don't have any of my customer's email addresses."
  • "I don't want to bother my customers with an email." 
  • "I don't know what to say in my email." 

Sound familiar?

Here are four reasons why you should shouldn't just rely solely on social media to market your business:

1. What do ALL social media platforms (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.) have in common? They require an email address to log in. Not ALL of your customers are on social media, but I bet all of your customers have an email address.

2. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in a setting where a family member or friend has said, “did you see my post on Facebook?” Facebook controls what you see in the newsfeed, so unless you have notifications turned on or you go to each person’s page individually, you’re probably not likely to see all of your friends posts on Facebook. However, if someone emailed you the information they were trying to get to you, they know you would receive it. 

3. When you woke up today, did you check your Linkedin page? What about Twitter? Facebook? Some will say yes, while others will say no. However, the overwhelming majority will tell you that they did, in fact, check their email.

4. If Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and all of the other social media networks shut down tomorrow - how would you get in touch with your customers? I know what you’re thinking, “That will never happen! They make a fortune!” But actually, it has happened already! On November 8th, 2015 Social Media Examiner’s Facebook Page disappeared. For over 36 hours, they didn't have access to getting in touch with their 380,000+ Facebook fans. 

While social media channels like Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, are great for promoting your business, using an email marketing software like Constant Contact will help you get to your customers directly. 

Email vs. Social.png
Lindsay Joy Higgins
Leave it to Lindsay
Master Certified Solution Provider