Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why You Should Automate Your Emails

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Email Automation.jpg

I have a confession to make. As a professional email marketer for over 15 years, I just started using email automation within my own business model. GASP! NO! WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY? OMG! I know I know, the truth hurts, and there you have it. There are several reasons why it took me so long to make the jump. Would it really work? Would my readers respond? Would my emails become impersonal...cold even? And lastly, truth be told, I procrastinated. I knew it would take a bit of work (up front), and I kept putting it off.

I had become my worst nightmare of a client come to life. After, now a year and a half, of working with email automation for both my clients and my business, I can honestly say...OMG Why Did I Wait So Long!?  Here is what I learned this past year.

YES YES IT REALLY DOES SAVE YOU TIME

I want you to take a step back, and think about all the "marketing" email campaigns you send out on a monthly/bi-monthly, even yearly basis. Say it be a thank you email, a welcome email, a follow up email. Perhaps your business sends out happy birthday emails, or anniversary emails. As a business, we all pretty much send out a hand full of the same emails over and over. So why recreate the wheel every single time?

STRIKE WHILE THE LEAD IS HOT

Did you know...NEVER is a prospect's interest higher than when they join your mailing list? Whether they join via your website, Facebook page, LinkedIn profile or Instagram, that prospect wants more information on your company. How long do they have to wait to get it? Answer, they shouldn't have to wait at all! Your "welcome email" should arrive immediately after they join. BAM - thank you for your interest in ABC company, and here's how we're going to make your life easier...etc.  

LET THEM SEGMENT THEMSELVES

Gone are the days where you send out a "blast" email to one list. Today, email marketing is about sending out information (content) your readers want to receive. So how do you know what information they're craving? Let them tell you! When you create your sign up form, provide them with different interest based lists to choose from. For example, if you own a Doggie Daycare, you may offer more than just daycare. How about if they could join lists called:

• Grooming Services
  • Boarding 
  • Training Classes

EASILY CREATE THE PERFECT SALES FUNNEL

#truestory. I offer one-on-one training to individuals on how to grow their business via LinkedIn. After our session, I send them a follow up email with two guides of everything we covered, some action items, and to let them know that I'm here to help them should they have additional questions. I had to write this same email over and over again, and then I just started copying and pasting the content and changing their name (sound familiar)? This past year, I really went to work. I created a 6-part email series that each of my trainees would receive, in the sequence I chose. The sales objective was for them to consider me to help them with an email marketing program. EUREEKA!!! I got more than half of my trainees to work with me again. 

LinkedIn Sales Funnel.tiff

Want access to my 6-part email series? Simply shoot me an email: yoursocialmediamentor@gmail.com

You've heard the term, work smart not hard. That's exactly what email automation brings to the table. A smarter way to implement an effecitive email marketing program. Note, that email automation can't and shouldn't replace all of your email marketing campaigns, such as your monthly or quarterly newsletters. But the sky is the limit on all the ways you can implement and autoresponder campaign.

Stuck on ideas for your first autoresponder? Then download my free guide: 4 Simple Ideas to Get Your Autoresponder Series Up and Running Fast

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAO9AAAAJDJhYTUzZDE4LTI5NzEtNDdiNC1hZGZlLWNlY2M2MDQ1Yzk3YQ.jpg

Your Social Media Mentor is an award winning solution provider and proud partner of Constant Contact. As a social media consultant and speaker, Vanessa Cabrera is not your ordinary "consultant". What makes her stand out is that she makes sure, she teaches her clients how to effectively market their businesses online so that they themselves become social media marketing experts in their own right! That's why she's known as "The Mentor."

Her easy to follow suite of services provide clients with the tools needed to supercharge their social media marketing in an effort to build relationships with current customers, while gaining new ones!