cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're Wasting Your Time On Social Media

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

You're Wasting Your Time On Social Media

BJC Branding - Social Media AdviceYep, I said it! You’re most likely wasting your time on social media. Let’s pretend posting to your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn account is like doing the laundry. Are you going to wash and dry one piece of laundry at a time? No way! You batch out your laundry by darks/whites and types of fabric.

Well, let’s “clean up” your act on social media. Post batching is an efficient and effective online marketing principle: it allows you to grow from 2 – 3 posts per week to 10 or more posts without increased effort or time. Here are 5 helpful hints to start batching your social media:

1. Don’t Wait, Automate!
    • Consider using a social media automation tool like Hootsuite or Buffer. Each tool offers a Free Trial, so you can play around and see which works best. We use both at BJC Branding.

2. Make It A Ritual!
    • Choose a day and time to set aside 30 minutes to an hour without disturbances. For instance, every Sunday morning at 9 AM, I make a cup of coffee and sit at the table while I think of posts for the week. It quickly became an enjoyable ritual on my Sunday morning, and I feel relieved when I schedule everything out. You will, too!
  3. Create AND Curate!
    • You don’t have to be prolific with your social media posts! Think about your local art museum: they don’t have someone in the back room painting and sculpting all the exhibits. Instead, they gather works of art from artists, sculptors, museums, and organizations. You can do the same with articles, videos, images, and quotes – just be sure to cite your sources while you’re adding posts to your queue.

4. Theme Your Days!
    • Add some personality into your posts. Some daily themes to help you batch easier:
      • Motivational Monday: inspirational quotes, images, and videos
      • Trivia Tuesday: industry stats or a piece of trivia about your business to educate and engage
      • Feel Good Friday: fun videos, entertaining images, and even a work-appropriate joke to lighten the mood in anticipation of the weekend

5. Be Timely!
    • Batching is a wonderful time-saving concept, but you shouldn’t fully depend on your social queue. If something comes up (i.e. a store closing or a sudden sale) then you want to be sure to post.

Of course, a lot more goes into social media strategy, but if you start batching, then you can stop wasting your time on social media. Have questions about your social media strategy? BJC Branding provides social media coaching & consulting. Click here to set up a complimentary 30-minute strategy session today.

Best,

Bryan
--------
Bryan Caplan
CEO, BJC Branding
Master Certified Local Expert, Constant Contact

Phone: (781) 349-5444
Email: bryan@bjcbranding.com

BJC Branding - Master Certified Expert - Constant Contact