cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

social share - do you need to have your emails archived for it to work

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

social share - do you need to have your emails archived for it to work

I haven't subscribed to the archive feature so wonder how it will be shared on facebook if I use the social share feature. Does the share actually link back to the email?

thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Honored Contributor

Re: social share - do you need to have your emails archived for it to work

Hi Catharine,

You don't have to subscribe to Archive to be able to share on Social Media sites.  Archive allows you to share your email on your website, we share on Social Media for you for free.

Here's our video on how to use Simple Share.  Once a fan on Facebook, or a follower on Twitter clicks the link, the webpage version of your email opens up for them to see.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

that answers the social share  - although I think I'll have to share to facebook to see how it actually gets shared (looks).

but your comment about the archive feature shares the email on "your website" confuses me as I thought all it did was archive it on the consant contact server with a link -- I don't have anywhere set up on my website that I can archive emails although I would like too.

thanks

Honored Contributor

My apologies for the confusion.  What archive does is it archives your email on our server and then we give you a link that you can then put on your website to share with those that visit your website.  You can also use the archive links in your emails so that your readers can view past issues.

I hope that helped!

Occasional Participant

does the link go to an overview page with all past emails or is each link for a specific email?

Occasional Participant

Also I have to add that I went to do the Social Share but I find the amount of data and access that constant contact wants from my Facebook account to be rather exesive so I'm not going to use the feature with otherwise sounds like it a good idea.

Honored Contributor

In the Archive section, you can do either or both.

You can have an Archive homepage that you manually put all archived emails on

or

You can have specific urls for each archived email

I'm sorry that you found the access to your Facebook page to be excessive. I can assure you that we do not use your information or store it anywhere.  We just use it to access your page to quickly post your emails.

If you do not want to use Simple Share, there is also an option called More Options you can click on in the Sent Email Summary Page.

Once your email has been sent, click on the Email Marketing tab > then on the name of your Email. That will take you to the Sent Email Summary Page and you will see this on the right:

more sharing options.png

Then click on More sharing options to see a new window.  Click on Facebook.  The system will re-route you to your Facebook page (if you are logged in,if not you wil be prompted to log in first ).  Then you can choose what you want to say in your status update box and you are only able to use one image.

If you do not want to share it on your personal timeline, click on the option to share to your page:

share on timeline.png 

This way we definitely don't store anything.  I hope that helps! :smileyface:

Frequent Visitor

I have noticed that my emails don't share unless I wait until after the email has completed running to set up the "share" directions.  Is that something you are working to address?

Honored Contributor

Hi Rick,

Could you further explain what is happening? Are you trying to share your email while it is currently being sent out? Do you receive any error messages?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Frequent Visitor

It just continues to say "messages pending."