cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specifying image to be used when sharing my.email link

Valued Contributor

specifying image to be used when sharing my.email link

Constant Contact offers a way to share their archived page of email campaigns, but I can't find any documentation about how to specify an image. Our emails have a header that goes across the top, and when the link to myemail.constantcontact.com is shared, it seems that a small segment of that image is used to create an image for the "card' that appears in social media. It seems like there must be a way to provide an image of the appropriate shape for that use, but I have been unable to find any way to do it.

Anyone know more about this?

3 REPLIES

Re: specifying image to be used when sharing my.email link

Hi @JulieL34

That's a great question! Are you manually posting your campaigns on your social media pages? I took a look at your account and can not see your campaigns being shared through our Social Share feature. I would suggest post your email through this feature instead. This feature not only lets you share you email, but also lets you select an image to be shown as well. In fact, when it comes to sharing your campaign on Facebook, it's always good to remember resizing your image to 200x200 or 475x247.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this suggestion, Frankie. I have not fully explored this option, actually. I had the impression that I had to do this while setting up the email send, which I really didn't want to do--but I see now that I can go back after the fact, so will consider it.

As I said in my original post, the way I did this one was to go to the "archive link" for the campaign (not sure what you actually call this but I'm talking about the one that shows up in the campaign as "email link" and looks like a shortened link at contac.cc/xxxx. I thought that would provide a good representation but it didn't.

Most of our emails we would not do as social media posts, but occasionally we do ones that are a better fit. Our regular mailings are newsletters listing our latest articles--and those articles are done as separate posts on social media. But what you've suggested may be the right soluton for what I was trying to do here. Will definitely try it out.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL3,

We're glad that you found this useful! If you have any further questions when creating your posts, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!