cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on eblast

All Star

Advice on eblast

I have seen a decrease in open rates and would like to get some feedback.

http://conta.cc/2fczWQc

2 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Advice on eblast

Hello @PattyV1! Thanks for coming into the Community with your campaign. We'd be happy to give you some advice on how to improve your open rate.

When your readers receive your newsletter in their inbox, the first thing they usually see is your subject line. You want to make sure it stands out and makes your readers want to open your newsletters! We recommend subject lines be between 5-8 words or 40 characters. Also, you want to use your subject line to give your readers a teaser about what you're sending out. I saw that your subject line was "October Newsletter." I would suggest trying out something like "See what's new at the Carefree/Cave Creek Chamber". Here is an article from our Help Center that discusses optimizing your subject line. 

Another way to improve your open rate would be to make sure that your contact lists are clean and up-to-date. Removing bounces can help to improve your open rate as you will be sending to valid and active addresses. Our Help Center has a great article on what you can do to further improve your open rate.

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CTCT Employee

Re: Advice on eblast

Hello Patty,

A few quick suggestions and then a, what I hope, will be a big one.

The decrease in engagement could be due to many factors, but if I had to pick 3 top issues you might want to address;

1. Length. Attention spans are now counted in seconds. The more scrolls someone has to do, especially on mobile, the less likely they are to take action in this email, and open a future one.

2. Choices, the more options you give people, the less likely they are to take any action at all.

3. Reliance on images. While images are great, too many can overwhelm the reader. Also, images are often blocked, so if the entire message is relayed in a small image, and that image is blocked, you might miss out on reaching your members.

4. BONUS: use buttons rather than hyperlinks, most readers are reading on mobile, and buttons are easier to push than hyperlinks

I'd highly suggest you check out a webinar I held for Chambers not too long ago. I share many tips that might help you.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/3038310551949050124

Good luck, let me know if I can help you future.

Matthew Montoya
Partner Enablement and Training Manager
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!