Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Needs Help with Email Campaign

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Artist Needs Help with Email Campaign

I do online marketing for my husband - while I have a 60 hours per week job. He carves very detailed birds from wood then paints them. He has one product that is a lower cost item than his sculptures, which can run into the thousands. They are Ceiling Ducks (we have the Copyright for them). The bottom of ducks attached to your ceiling to give the impression that you are under water looking up. They are resin castings made from his original carvings. He hand paints and assembles each one. All products are made in the USA.

I have been sending emails out to birders and members of Ducks Unlimited. I sent emails out during the holidays. Now I am trying a new campaign for non-holiday buying. We want to sell his Ceiling Ducks; but we also want to get commissions for his carvings. I don't think we can do both with the same email.

I sent the email below to about 100 birders. It had an open rate of 38% ope rate and a 13% click through rate. I do not know if that is good or not. We have not received any orders since the email was sent on January 16.

The email posted below is 75% of its original size. Please let me know what you think of this Ceiling Duck email. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jean

email capture.PNG

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Artist Needs Help with Email Campaign

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your post! Great image, I noticed it right away! I also liked the green background, its not too bright but grabs my attention. I would consider using the browns or greys from the image as well for your text colors. Sometimes this helps to make the email feel more cohesive. 

Are there more images you can include? Even a link to view more would be a good thing to include. There is not a whole lot I can point out, I think your email is right on track. It's simple and straight to the point.

Have you tested including both products in the same email? I think if the email was set up correctly in two parts you could include both but if this is not something you want to try, that is fine too! How often do you send out emails? Maybe spacing out the different product emails could be a good approach for you!

We have an FAQ of open rate, click though and bounce numbers if you would like to take a look! There are lots of ways to improve the open rate. Do you manage your bounces currently to get rid of the contacts that no longer exist? If not, this would be a good place to start. Also, what was the subject line on the email? This plays a big role in if it's opened or not!

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

The subject line of the email was Ceiling Ducks. What do you think of that?

Jean

HI Jean,

Thanks for the reply. I like "Ceiling Ducks" but there are a couple of things I would suggest.

Including a call to action, number or time frame in your subject line helps people open it up right away. I just wrote a post on the Email Marketing board that gives 6 tips tips for how to write a better subject line, check it out!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participating Solution Provider

Make sure you read Hannah's subject line post she provided a link for, it contains some great info. As it states, create a subject line that is enticing with a little urgency. 

And glad to hear you signed up on Pinterest. I hope you get a nice following of your ceiling ducks.

Participating Solution Provider

Let me start out by saying those ducks are ADORABLE!

The first thing that I thought of when I saw the image is that you don't really get the perspective that they are attached to the ceiling because there is no constast (wall and ceiling are same color). I would try to get a picture where you can see that they are on the ceiling, maybe even making sure there is a windown pane in the image to give more dimension and a better angle.

The second thing that caught my eye or should I say I immediately noticed is no clear call to action (buy now, more info, add to cart). You want to give the subscriber an interaction to get them to add the item to the cart. You also don't list prices so it would require the person having to go to the site to find out the cost. Although its good for click-throughs, it doesn't generate impulse purchases by those with the mind set of... "Wow that's really cool and its only $XX.XX so I'm going to buy it".

And lastly... I would insert social media links especially Pinterest if you have an account and if not, I highly suggest you create one. You can create an album of your husband's work and people will share it on their boards. (I know this last part isn't really email related, but I can see you getting traffic from it if you did).

Occasional Participant

Thank you for your suggestion about Pinterest. I started an account today.

Jean