Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique My Campaign (First Ever)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Critique My Campaign (First Ever)

Hi, I sent 500 emails in a batch of 100 to 200 emails over a period of 3 days. Considering many of my emails got bounced, I still had a low clicked thru rate. Can you please advise me on how to make my future email campaign better. 

Email Campaign

Thank you

4 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Critique My Campaign (First Ever)

Hello @MuniraM0,

Thanks for reaching out to have us take a look at your campaign! Because your bounce rate is so high, it does affect your open rate, which can kind of skew things. So the first step would be cleaning up your bounces

You're doing a great job of personalizing your subject line with the customer's name, but rewriting it so that it's about your content may be helpful. You've also branded things really well! I've included some other helpful tips that may help improve your click-through rates, below

Keep Your Email Short

The average person has an attention span of ten seconds. This is your audience. You don't have a ton of time to grab their attention. If they can't find what they need quickly, they get frustrated, they give up. Keeping your email between 50 and 150 words ensures that it remains short and sweet.

Example of a short email.

Use Only One Call-to-Action

Too many choices can be a bad thing. People get overloaded when they have too many options and freeze up. To tempt your readers to click, try putting only a single call-to-action in each email. You can spread out several calls-to-action over the course of the month. 

Example of an email with one call-to-action.

Put the Purpose in the Subject Line

Why do you want someone to click on your email? Do you have an announcement? Or are you looking to make a sale? Put that directly in your subject line. You can use the preheader to elaborate. By telling your reader up front what they are getting into, they'll know what to expect once it's open and will follow through. They got this far, after all.

Example of a subject line that shows the reward from clicking in the subject line and preheader.

If there's anything else that you have questions about, please let us know. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Re: Critique My Campaign (First Ever)

I get a fairly high click rate on average, but I get no phone calls or responsive emails asking me for more information or requests for my services. This has been going on for the past 3 - 4 months. How can I turn this around? It is very frustrating!  I don't want to keep on throwing money at the problem. 

CTCT Employee

Re: Re: Critique My Campaign (First Ever)

Hello @H.JamesH63,

Thank you for reaching out about your response rate. I tried to bring up your account, but it looks like this profile is for an old account. If you'd like us to provide specific feedback on your campaign, you can email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com or sign in to that account and post. However, I've provided some general tips below:

A lot of people want to direct people to their website, which is where that click reporting can really come in handy. It's great that your click rate is high, but you have to think about the kind of traffic that is the most important to you. If it's more important to have people email or call you directly, make that the main call-to-action in your email. You can put a phone number or a request to email you in that call-to-action, instead of redirecting them to another page, if that's the focus of that email. 

Another way to increase that is by offering an incentive. Is there a discount or some other motivation you can give them for emailing you directly? If so, maybe send a targetted email to a smaller list to see how it does. That way, you aren't overwhelmed with emails or losing money with your discount, and you can see what percentage of that contact base took advantage of the offer. This will help you market it more widely to the rest of your database, once you figure out what you can easily manage! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Advisor

Re: Re: Critique My Campaign (First Ever)

Maybe send a focused mailing to the subscribers who DID click, with incentives to call or email back.

Tags (2)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!