cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique My Campaign - Old Sturbridge Village

Highlighted
All Star

Critique My Campaign - Old Sturbridge Village

Image of our latest eBlast is below, you can also click to see it here.

Would love to have community feedback on what we could do differently to improve our campaign. Thank you!

Campaign.png

Campaign.png
3 REPLIES 3
Solution Provider

Re: Critique My Campaign - Old Sturbridge Village

This is a very nicely done email. Videos in emails get a lot more action, so it's such a nice idea that you have included one. You have done a nice job on keeping with your branding, and you have focused on one thing that is happening at the Village - Wool Days - rather than a lot of events, which could water things down.

PS Better get this out!

Hope this helps - and have a wonderful Wooly weekend!

Marsha Pearson
Emailmarketing.guru
Master Certified Solution Provider
All Star

Thank you Marsha! Much appreciated.

Indeed, we sent this out early yesterday morning. However, our open rate is only around 16% (so far), with the subject line "Celebrate Wool Days this Memorial Day Weekend"

It may be that we just need to clean our lists--is there an easy way to report and analyze who has not opened an email from us over a series of campaigns? Is there a "standard" for removal? i.e. if you haven't opened an email from us in the last 10 campaigns, we remove you, or is the evaluation more over time, i.e. you haven't opened anything from us in 6 months...anyone have experience with this?

It seems impossible to run a report in CC that considers a series of campaigns, as opposed to analyzing individual campaigns...

Solution Provider

I may be a combination of things but here are three:

1. It's Memorial Day weekend. There are a lot of things pulling at folks attention, as you already know. The subject line tells them what to expect, so they don't need to open it if they know they have other plans.

2. About the subject line. When inserted into the headline analyzer, it gets a score of only 28.57% Emotional Marketing Value. Whereas, if you play around with it a bit, I found "Are You Ready for a Wool-y Adventure?" got a score of 42.86%, which means it may hit more emotional chords with the general population. In fact, it might make readers a bit more curious, so they may be apt to open it.

(headline analyzer: http://www.aminstitute.com/headline/ )

3. I wouldn't delete any emails for folks who haven't opened an email in a while. If they haven't unsubscribed, they want to hear from you. The question is, what might they be looking for? Maybe consider segmenting your list and sending an espesically enticing email to that group. By the way, one other thought with regard to that particular group, do you have any demographic information? That is, where do they live? You are an attraction with not only local draw, but people visit from all over. It is possible that some on your  list may live in areas around the counrty, or around the world.

So, just a bit of "food for thought". Please feel free to reach out to me via email, if you like, and I can offer you a free phone consultation. marsha@emailmarketing.guru.

Marsha Pearson
Emailmarketing.guru
Master Certified Solution Provider