Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my Email : Go For the Gold

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Critique my Email : Go For the Gold

Hello!!

I have been writing emails for my family business for over a year now. The goal of my campaign is to establish ourselves as a trusted, knowledgable and creative brand. The campaigns has been popular and we've been able to increase sales with weekly informative emails and an occasional coupon. This post my first attempt to navigate the audience to our company webpage to buy our already made products. In the past we focused featuring our custom design work. 

I am pleased with the look and feel of my email but there's always room for improvement! 

Thank you in advence for you critique.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=uxx99deab&v=001BVj8qibBdX0l82YDZDXoXRy2s-_Oeuav5t...

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

Re: Critique my Email : Go For the Gold

Hi,

I really like the placement of your social media icons.

I thought the email could benefit from a border as there is a lot of white space.

I'd consider making your company logo a clickable link to your website.

I liked learning about the other employees.

You may want to feature one of your customers and get some quotes from them about your company.

Good job!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Jared, 

thank you so much!! I hadn't noticed that the logo wasn't clickable. Oops!! I love your idea to feature customers!! Will implement immediately!!

Elena

Honored Contributor

Hi Elena,

I'm a huge fan of customer testimonials and such. I think they can add a lot to a newsletter!

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

I really like this newsletter and the one thing that did catch my eye right away was the Pandora comment to that was great. The picture of the gold thing was not to appealing to the eye what is it?

Occasional Advisor

Never mind I went and found out LOL

Participating Solution Provider

Hi - I love your email and thought it was written beautifully!  Also enjoyed meeting the people behind the scenes - very cool.  

Since jewlery catches your eye, maybe try adding glamour shots of the beads or bracelets higher up above the scroll line so you can really hook your readers.  And make the images linkable to where they can buy them online.  You'll be leading the horse to water, so to speak!  

I also agree with making the logo clickable and adding a border or maybe some color.  I have a client template where we use a grey font color in the main body (similar to your logo color).  It is soft and pleasing to the eye but still very legible.  Hope this helps!

Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your feedbakc!! Sorry I fell of the planet for a bit!! I implemented making the link clickable to buy online. Actually, I created a website bc we didn't have one before.