cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my promo email

Occasional Contributor

Critique my promo email

We run an indoor inflatble family fun center that is clean, green and fun. We send out weekely emails with open play/jump schedules and include promotions with them. Would like tog et soe feedback on the content and the style.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Critique my promo email

Hello @JumpingJungle , 

The information that you are sending out in your emails is great and you even have a weekly schedule set up!  It seems like the 2 column layout works perfectly for you, as you have laid out your information to make the most of the two-column template.  Here are some recommendations:  

- There are a few different colors throughout the email (green, orange, red, blue).  If possible I would recommend sticking to just a couple of correlating colors.  You can also use our Insert Link to change your link colors to a different color than the default blue, take a look here for help.  

- The text on the right side is larger than the text on the left.  The larger text could be harder to read on a mobile device.  I would recommend keeping consistency with font and size throughout the email if possible.  (Normally a font size of 10-12 works well on both desktop, tablet and mobile).      - There appears to be some extra spaces at the end of the right block, adding some extra length to the email.  I would recommend deleting that space out to help keep the email a little shorter.  

I hope this helps!  

Participating Solution Provider

Re: Critique my promo email

Hello!

I am a Master Certified Solution Provider, and I am going to provide you a brief Email Optimization Review (EOR). Every month, we provide members of our Solution Provider Partner Program a FREE EOR to increase Brand Awareness, Business Growth and Engagement!

Observations:

• Spelling errors (use spell check feature within CTCT Console just before scheduling the email to be sent)
  • Add personal feel to the newsletter, it feels like a poster, tell a story, and sign your name! Especially if you are asking them for a vote, which really should be mentioned in the Subject Line.
  • Summer Savings: make it a clickable (call to action) link to your website and clean up the message, way too wordy!

Engagement:

• Include 2-3 clickable links in every paragraph - don't display the entire URL address, link the Text (i.e. Best of Best Ballot Entry)
  • Enable Social Sharing (click the box when editing 'header')
  • Enable the View Online Option (click the box when editing 'header')

Business Growth

• Include 'Join Mailing List' button in case your email is shared
  • Design a Feature Ad within the newsletter to feature your campaign

Increase Results

• Give your SUBJECT line more meaning, such as "Vote for Best of the Best and receive 50% off and $25 in coupons!" or "Save 50% off Open Jump + $25 coupons"
  • Link every image to your website to boost click through
  • Limit your newsletter to 2-3 main points, if you have more than separate the emails and change the content each week

Like I mentioned, above is a brief EOR but if you like you can book a call with me for a full FREE EOR consultation. Book a time at http://cc94.co/callwithbrandon.

Good luck on your next email marketing campaign!

Brandon

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

As Constant Contact Certified Partners & Trainers we host weekly free training webinars to help users master email marketing. Register here: https://www.marketadvertisepromote.com/events