cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Open Rate- Not so much on Click Through. Suggestions??

Solution Provider

Decent Open Rate- Not so much on Click Through. Suggestions??

I would love some help in figuring out why the click through rate is so bad on this email campaign. I thought I did everything right...short, not too wordy, clear illustration AND this is a product that my target audience really needs. Yet I have had disappointing results on click through.  

What did I do wrong?

My Campaign

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Decent Open Rate- Not so much on Click Through. Suggestions??

Sheila,

Well, after spending a few minutes on it I have to say I'm not sure what to even click on.

That tiny little arrow is so small it disappears into your content.

I would remove half the content and create a much more compelling reason to click on an object much larger than the current arrow you are using.  The call to action needs to stand out more than the content does. Yours gets totally lost.

Bulletize what the benefits of your product are and then create an obvious call to action.  Of course its important that you are sending this content to folks that want to recieve it or understand the value of it.

You also have a few graphics that don't link to anything. Don't leave any graphics without links.  People love clicking on graphics. Make them all point back to the page you are trying to get folks to visit.

Here is an example of a piece I did for a client that will show you the call to action graphics and how all the graphics point back to the clients website.  This piece had an 21% click rate which is historically good for this client.   In this case I wasn't provided a landing page and had to rely on a phone number and a basic homepage (not the best options).  Having your customer end up on a tuned webpage (landing page) is the second step in a functional conversion process.

Link to example.

Tony Schaefer
Constant Contact Solution Provider
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Solution Provider

Thanks so much!!! Great tips....I hadn't thought about making every image clickable. And the little arrow will grow or be replaced next go around. It's funny...I thought the content was so brief it didn't need to be bulletized, but I do practice that philosophy when I design print for these same clients. Guess I need to practice what I preach!  :smileyfrustrated:

This definitely went to people who should see the value...they are from my healthcare database and we do know many of the recipients for years. 

I have so much to learn about this type of marketing...since I've been in the print world since the earth cooled.  

Sheila

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In this medium you have a lot less time and space to get your message across. Brevity and clarity are king.

If you are interested in out-sourcing the email part of your business drop me a note.

Tony Schaefer
Constant Contact Solution Provider
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Solution Provider

Outsourcing is definitely an option to consider. 

Need to ponder that. 

Thanks!