Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Feedback on my Art Update and New Work

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Getting Feedback on my Art Update and New Work

Hi everyone,

I am trying to fine tune my emails ... the open rates are pretty good, 35%, put they are images. I would like to inspire more feedback - like a jazzed email, or a thoughtful note. Most of the people on the list are friends and collectors ... I don't want to send out dull emails and get leuk warm responses. 

Here is a link to my recent email, Eve Update Tragedy and Rebirth New Work 

Any thoughts? 

Cheers,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Getting Feedback on my Art Update and New Work

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I love the colors in your email, they work well with your photos and make the pictures pop out.

I would recommend removing the right hand column and making your blocks full width. At least under the "Drop In" block. Currently the empty space is distracting and I think it would benefit your artwork to have the images larger. I love the story you tell and how you break up the text with images. Good use of social icons at the bottom as well. 

The other suggestion I have is to make all of your images clickable. I see that only the last is currently. If they don't need to direct to a specific page, why not send the reader to your websites home page to view other things. Having clickable images helps drive traffic to your other sources.

A 35% open rate is great! For an artist, the average open rate ranges from 20-25% so you are well above. I know this number seems low but there are lots of reasons the open cannot track, like when the email is opened on a phone. Check out all the averages to see where you are falling with your bounces and clicks! 

To improve your open rate there are lots of things to try. The biggest thing to think about is your subject line. What was the subject line in this email? Do you use the same subject line in all emails? Take a look at this post I wrote on 6 Tips for Better Subject Lines to get some ideas. 

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Hannah, 

Thank you for your comments. I will take up your suggestion of one column to show the images better. And I will make sure to link every image in the future. Yes i vary the subject line everytime, trying to convey quickly what is exactly in the email. 

Cheers,

Michael

www.michaelnewberry.com

Occasional Participant

Hi Michael,

As an artist and marketer, I think that you have great work here. I have a couple of suggestions...

My first suggestion would be to put any call to action at the beginning of your email. If your main goal is to have your audience click through to your website or contact you, make sure you put the link at the beginning of the email, like in a quick introductory sentence at the top, so that your audience won't miss it by the time they get to the end.

May I also suggest that you change your coloring. Your website is very clean and white, while your emails are more dark. To build your brand you should stick to a similar style. White text on dark backgrounds is also more difficult to read and I think your paintings would really pop on a white background.

Happy Painting!

Mandy

MandyStohry.com

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Mandy,

Thank you for your comments. I will take you up on integrating the style of email with my website, excellent suggestion. 

Yesterday two of my collectors were adamant about just wanting the story, image, and info front and center in the email. And they didn't want links...but I take their suggestions to mean that they don't want to visit the link to find out what I am emailing them about.

Recently I have been changing my stance on sharing art - no reproductions, no prices, just the story and love of art. With the aim of keeping their focus on the meaning and feeling of the art. Inspire their souls. If and when that is accomplished, contacting me is easy. But this is recent so I will see how it goes. 

Cheers,

Michael

www.michaelnewberry.com