cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping you could tell me why this one didn't do so well.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hoping you could tell me why this one didn't do so well.

I've been doing this for a little while now, and this campaign had the worst results of any we've sent by a rather clear margin. I was hoping someone could tell me if I did anything wrong.

Permanent link : https://conta.cc/2Oie5XA

6 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Hoping you could tell me why this one didn't do so well.

Hi @Brianh0071

Thanks for reaching out in the Community! I have reviewed your email and I think overall you did a great job designing the email with lots of great images and several calls to action. 

For some tips on improving your open rates in your emails, take a look at this great article here with lots of suggestions. In particular, take a look at the suggestions regarding sending during peak daytime hours and contact list segmentation. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Was it the worst open rate, or worst click through rate? A low open rate is usually from a bad title, and if that's the case, Constant Contact has a new feature on new templates where you can test subject lines and send one version with one title and one with another. If it's a good open rate, and you just did not get many sales, maybe the whole thing just needs to be a little sexier. I find that pale yellow does not really excite people for call-to-action buttons and you have to be careful with pale campaigns. People get advertisements all the time, so yours really has to stand out. You also wasted good headline space as you already have your tagline in your logo. There also may be too many words. Some of our most successful campaigns were super short and simple, i.e., one beautiful picture and one good headline with a few sentences, then "Buy" or "Shop" on the button -- that's all. Look up quotes/sayings on color for ideas as I think the customers need a simple underlying message, for instance, "Hey these things change colors and that's cool!" So maybe try something like, "Why settle for one color when you can have two?" Good luck and your is quite and interesting company!

Occasional Contributor

Pale yellow is used mostly because those are the colors in our website, but thank you for the suggestion. I've thought that as well, and in quite a few of my fliers I used a black background to help the lighter colors pop out more, but was suggested to use white as it matched our website better.

Occasional Contributor

Also, because I forgot to address it, both open and click through rates are significantly lower than usual. I suspected some would be lower as some of the topics are a bit less exiting than my earlier emails, but this one was significantly less.

Occasional Contributor

I already segment my contact lists. I figured that out before we even joined CC. I'll look through the guide, though. Thank you.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Brianh0071,

I see there has been some pretty good feedback in here already!  I am noticing exactly what you mean with that pale yellow matching your website branding.  I might suggest trying to pull some of those brighter, warmer colors from your logo at the top.  As far as open rate is concerned,  you might try something like a Subject line A/B Test to determine what kinds of subject lines grab attention from your subscribers.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!