cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd love your feedback on my recent campaign

Contributing Solution Provider

I'd love your feedback on my recent campaign

I'm not a design genius - far from it. For this campaign I chose to use Canva to create an image at the top.  I'd love your feedback, thank you.

http://conta.cc/2a48OmM

Albert Kaufman

Constant Contact Solution Provider

Life-Long Learner

The Right Partner for your Business

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Reach me @ albert@albertideation.com - here's to your success!
3 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: I'd love your feedback on my recent campaign

Hi Albert,

The layout of your email looks great; you're on the right track! I would make a few suggestions to spruce up the design aspect of it. I'm glad to see a fellow Canva user on here! I think Canva is an AMAZING tool that everyone should use. I used to solely use Adobe Photoshop for my marketing campaigns until I stumbled across Canva. It is simple to use, effective, and FREE: Can't beat that! 

(Back to your email...) I would suggest choosing two to three colors to use in each campaign. This will make your email flow smoothly and tie all the content together. In most of my emails, I use the same few colors that are present in my logo/website so my audience can instantly recognize who sent it. Oftentimes, if I am using an image as the main focus, I will choose two to three main colors from the image. (For instance, if I'm using a picture of a beach scene, the background of the email will be a light sand color, the main text will be the dark blue of the ocean, and header text/links will be a dark green from a palm tree leaf.) If you would like to know how to find the exact colors from an image, this website is great. Just upload the image, click on parts of the picture, and it will tell you the hex code (color).

Also, make sure all of the text and links within the email are using the same font. This helps in readability and flow of content. It looks like most of your links are using Times New Roman whereas the majority of text is using a sans serif (fancy word for without the feet on each letter) font (Trebuchet MS/Helvetica). I personally prefer sans serif fonts (like the type you chose for the majority of your text) because I think it's easier to read on a screen (vs. printed material - where I would use a font like Times New Roman). If you want to switch up the font for headers and main text, that is fine, too. I would just suggest limiting the different types of fonts to two, otherwise it'll make the email look choppy.

As for the header you created in Canva, I would play around with the "Elements" function Canva offers. It has a wide selection of photo frames to choose from to add a little pizzazz. I would also suggesting using this area to type a title of the email so your reader knows what it's about. I've recreated your email with these suggestions so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I went to your website and chose a few colors for your email and header. I used the dark gray solid background from your website for the email header (hex code: #2d2d2d). I used the "Shapes" element on Canva to create the light gray square behind your picture (hex code: #eef0f0). The "Lines" element to create the thin orange (hex code: #de7b32) line dividing the light gray square and the dark gray background (I used the first line option, scaled it down to be thinner, stretched it out to be longer, and rotated it to be vertical). For the text of the header "AN UPDATE FROM", I chose the font Open Sans and made it bold (Note: I didn't choose Open Sans Extra Bold), font size 18, text spacing 20 (Click the down arrow when the text is selected, select "Text Spacing" and move the top slider to "20"). For your name, I chose "Yellowtail" just because I think it's a fun font (lol): font size 60, font color orange (hex code: #de7b32). For your picutre, I used the Photo Frames element of the circle with a border and changed the border color to the same orange. Your website text is also Open Sans, not bold, size 14, and highlight the specific text when changing the color to add the mixed color effect. 

When I created the campaign in Constant Contact, I used the "Basic Newsletter" template and made the inner and outter background the same light gray as the square in the email header, the Buttons and Dividers the dark gray, and the Headlines the orange. All of the text in the email also uses the dark gray.

I would also suggest including your social media links in all your emails. I put them at the bottom of the email in the example I made.

As you can see when comparing our emails, they look very similar! All I really did was add a splash of color and it ties everything together nicely. Your layout and amount of content is perfect: it gives enough detail yet isn't verbose. Keep playing around with Canva to see everything it has to offer. It will definitely make a difference in your emails!

If you have any questions or need help navigating through Canva (or the hex code image website or Constant Contact), let me know. I'd be happy to help you (or anyone else reading this) learn how to use it! 

-Matt

Here's a link to the email I made for you.

P.S. Sorry if this is wayyy too much feedback. I realize I went a bit overboard but I really like the design aspect of email marketing. Lol

Contributing Solution Provider

Thank you thank you thank you, Matt.  I appreciate your feedback very much.  I'm going to use the block you made for me of my face and stuff - going forward, cause it's awesome, and I will continue to work with Canva, too.  I'd love to keep in touch - send me an email at albert@albertideation.com if you like.  I'd like to join your newsletter, too.  Albert

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Reach me @ albert@albertideation.com - here's to your success!
An Update from Albert.png
Advisor

Glad you liked it, Albert! If you need any tips, ideas, or inspiration on Canva in the future, feel free to email me at 

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!