cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving away from monthly newsletter to more frequent letter

SOLVED

Moving away from monthly newsletter to more frequent letter

Hello, my name is Kevin Kennemer, founder of The People Group. I am moving away from a monthly newsletter to more of a letter format that goes out with each blog post. Trying to build a following of leaders in the business community who are interested in building Great Workplaces. 

Your feedback will be helpful.

http://bit.ly/OAcjPy

Warm Regards,

Kevin Kennemer

The People Group

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Moving away from monthly newsletter to more frequent letter

Hi Kevin!

I think it's great that you put your photo right near the top to relate to your audience.

However, you may want to consider doing the same with your social media buttons. They are kind of buried at the bottom. Since people spend an average of 30 seconds skimming articles, you want to have the most important information near the top. Photos are a great way to catch their attention but you also want them to engage which is why I suggest moving the buttons, perhaps to your side bar.

Good choice on having your side bar on the left! Many people forget that we read left-to-right so sidebars should usually remain on the lefthand side.

My last suggestion would be to shorten the main article a little bit and move some of your side bar information underneath it. It's a great idea to use "click here" to read the rest of article, but some people may not even make it that far. Your lead is very strong so I don't think it would hurt to use the less is more philosophy with your article.

Other than that you did an excellent job branding your company and the color scheme is very pleasant. Hope this helps!

Occasional Advisor

Kevin,

Your post looks great!  Professional, easy to read and a likeable format.  :smileyface:

Occasional Participant

Good content and the ability to put yourself out there. Are you blogging with Constant Cointact templates?