Hi all, I am new to Constant Contact and also this is my first enewsletter. While I have been a travel planner for quite a while, I haven't been actively emailing all clients at all. I hope this helps past guests and friends think of me when they plan travel. Please help me make it amazing!
I'm not really sure how we post a draft. I did it with a cut and paste and I notice the line below the whale's tale didn't show up with Newsletter info. I would also prefer the "forward to a friend" button up with the share buttons, but don't know how to make that happen.
THANK YOU everyone for the help.
|From:||Wendy Schoneberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Subject:||Alaska Newsletter - Solo To Group Travel|
I think your content is good but I have some suggestions that may make the newsletter stand out a little more.
1. Do you have a name for your newsletter? Could be the name of your business.
2. I would create a header that includes your newsletter name
3. What is the frequency of the newsletter? Is it monthly, quarterly?, etc. I see you have an issue number
4. The images are really nice but i would increase the size of the images - they are really nice and as they say - a picture is worth a thousand words!
5. Your quick links; i would put them in your right sidebar where it says in this issue, etc.
6. Have you considered asking some of your clients if they would like to contribute a brief article or maybe just have a section of quotes from clients?
Hopefully i didn't overwhelm you with ideas, etc. but these are what came off the top of my head. Hopefully you find them or some helpful.
Pretty good job on your first newsletter!
I’m Brandon of Conscious Commerce, Constant Contact's #1 Rated and Master Certified Solution Provider. I have a few tips which will increase open and click through rates.
Before we get started on your review, I would like you to start thinking of Email and Social Media Marketing drivers of traffic to your website. "Don't spill all your candies in the lobby!" in other words, don't put all the important points in your Email blast because you want the reader to visit your website and potentially book a trip!
Keep the picture at that size or smaller, depending on the length of your email.
1. Shorten Content
• You only have 10 to 20 seconds of attention for many of your newsletter readers, keep your email to no more than one scroll (page and a half max)
• Keep the email to 1 to 3 points (max) if you have more points to communicate, send another email (next week)
• Just have a teaser of what your newsletter with a link to your website or landing page where they can "read more....."
– don’t put your entire newsletter into the email
2. Main feature ad
• Redesign main feature ad, doesn't grab attention - use the "Alaska Newsletter" as the feature...(brief overview, or the 1st few lines of each paragraph)
• Design a feature advertisement for bottom header (maybe a package deal to entice the reader) linked to your website
• Perhaps bring the picture inline with the body of the text or include in Feature Ad, it will jazz up the content!
3. CALL TO ACTION
• Include 2-3 clickable links in every paragraph
• Add Call-to-Action in your feature article (link to your website or landing page where they can "read more.....")
• Link the photo and your company name to the newsletter landing page or your website
If you would like to go into greater detail and have a (FREE) Email Optimization Review (EOR) over the phone, please book a call at http://klayman.net.
Good luck with your email marketing campaign!
Founder & CEO
Master Certified Constant Contact Partner
Schedule a call with me goto http://klayman.net
#1 Rated Master Certified Constant Contact Platinum Partner