cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Critique My Email Newsletter

Occasional Participant

Please Critique My Email Newsletter

I own a dance supply business and dance studio.

I am trying to bring more people into the dance world and also supply them with the dance shoes and apparel that they need for dancing without looking like I'm trying to push too hard on them into buying.  I tried to incorporate some of the suggestions from this website... (i.e. Interesting articles, Information, Pictures and Videos.) to my local customers and students.

Any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated before I send it out.

Thank you,

Dawn

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Critique My Email Newsletter

Hi Dawn,

It looks like you may have forgotten to include the link to your email in here.

Here are instructions on how to insert an email in this board.

Hope that helps and can't wait to see your email!

Occasional Participant

Sorry about that.  I got into a little bit of a hurry.

I have not sent the email yet and do not have archive.  Can I send a link to the preview?

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=u7myeneab&v=001KWNitdH9AKWYNHQPVS9TaGuTDCilVLWCZM...

Occasional Participant

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi Dawn,

You did an excellent job developing a theme and color scheme. I was just at an email marketing training session yesterday held by constant contact so I will try to incorporate some of the things they told us:

I would suggest moving your sidebar to the lefthand side of the page, since we naturally read left to right. It has some important information in there that people won't want to miss it. Try bumping up your social media buttons near the top so people have a greater chance of seeing them

Also, I would suggest changing the order of some your articles. People are naturally drawn to photos and video. I would suggest moving your dance highlights and coupon to the top to get people engaged.

Since you seem to have a lot of videos, I would try shortening it down to maybe 1 or 2 that you like the best, it can be overwhelming to see 6 and people won't have time to look at them all.

I love that your articles are short and sweet. People tend to "scan" more than read these days and you definitely have a wide variety of content. BIG PLUS FOR YOU! Overall, I think you did an excellent job. Well done!