cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Critique

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Please Critique

Please critique my email that I send out to parents of teens in my church. youth group email

Thanks in advance for your input.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Critique

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for posting your email. The first thing that I noticed in your email was the use of two logos. There was the Edge logo and then the Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church logo. I was wondering how these two were related? I would suggest bringing the Edge logo down so that it fits within the border of the email. It seems to be floating now.

I enjoyed reading about your organization and it definitely keeps your contacts up to date as to what is going on with the church. I liked the book of the month section as well as the website of the month. I also thought you did a good job placing your "Find us on Facebook" and "Follow us on Twitter" icons. The layout of your email was very clean.

I like how your colors matched the Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church logo. Are you using color cop? It's a great tool you should check out if you're not using it. I did notice a bit of white space between the Sacred Heart Logo and the body of the email.

Do you have a website? If so, you may want to consider hosting full articles on your site and linking to them in your newsletter. The text seemed to be a bit long. I'd also change your font and size as it seems to be a bit small. In the "Word for Word" article the text seemed to get lighter in the third paragraph.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!